Chapter 3

Lucas's pov

~

I was extremely nervous for my first day of school. I had just moved from Texas and I didn't really know anyone. We'll except this weird kid named Finkle or something. But I don't know if I would call him a friend.

It was a windy day and it was pouring rain. I was watching TV when the doorbell rang. When I answered it, a small kid stood at my doorstep. He was soaked from head to toe, but he didn't seem to notice.

"Greetings. I'm Farkle. Welcome to this wonderful city. May I assist you in any way?"

"Um...no thanks I'm fine. Who...are you?" I asked puzzled. Why was this kid with a weird haircut at my house? And what did he say his name was?

"Farkle. I am the one who seeks knowledge, who cares for his friends and most importantly, chases the ladies." He said "ladies" in this strange way, by extending the last syllable.

"Oh...okay. Cool dude." I replied.

"Why thank you Lucas Friar. I'm sure you will use your Texas charm with the ladies." He winked.

I stared at him speechless.

"How do you know my name?" I asked, scared to hear the answer. Who is this guy?

The kid with the weird haircut grinned.

"I know everything. See you at school!" With that, he waved and ran into the rain.

That was a week before the first day of school, and I hadn't spoken to him since. Not that I wanted to.

I walked onto the subway. I sat down next this man in a suit. There were two empty seats in front of me, and an old lady seating a few seats away. People started walking in. A huge muscular guy, two twins, a lady with a huge hat and two girls, a blond and a brunette.

The blond glanced at me then said something to the brunette. For a second I thought they were walking towards me, but they both sat down in the seats in front of me.

The brunette looked nervous. She said something to her friend. The blond smirked. There was something about them, the way they spoke to each other. They seemed very close.

The blond said something but this time I was able to read her lips. "Watch and learn."