chapter 02.

i walked over to gray, and once grayson's eyes landed on my body, he smiled.

his pearly white teeth shimmered. his hair looked perfect, yet it looked like he didn't even try. his dark blue champion hoodie, the one that was the same as mine and ethan's, made his eyes pop out.

"hey, ari! what's up?" he smiled as he leaned against the lockers next to alex, jonah, and ryan.

"grayson! i just wanted to come over and say hi." i smiled at him and then i looked over to the three other guys. they were all smiling at me. i smiled back and then focused back at grayson.

i could still feel alex's eyes burning through my body.

"did you finish the pre-calculus homework? i didn't get to finish it, i had a friend over -" grayson cut me off with a smirk.

"aha, doing what?" grayson's smirk remained on his face as i felt my face turn red and hot.

ryan and jonah laughed as alex just kept staring me down.

"we just f-"

"fucked?" jonah joked as ryan laughed with him.

grayson saw how i was getting uncomfortable and shut them up.

then grayson looked back at me and said, "yeah, i'll let you copy in history."

i sighed in relief then smiled at grayson. "thank you. means a lot kid." i then turned on my heel and walked quickly to the end of the hall and found thomas getting a drink of water from his water bottle.

he laid his eyes on me and smiled. "girl i saw you talking to grayson, y'all cute."

"i'm not into grayson, either way we're just friends." i told him in all honesty.

"ari! thomas!!" i heard daniela's voice echo through the halls.

she ran over to us and once i saw her close i smiled.

"hey, danielaaaaaa! you be lookin' cute in that outfit, oh whateva." thomas eyed her body up and down which made me look at her outfit, which was in fact really cute.

she wore a white cute almost crop top shirt, and with light blue denim ripped jeans and some white high top converse. her hair was done, as always, but it looked like she hadn't tried at all since she put on an intentional messy bun.

"ooh, girl. slay, baby, you got it!" daniela continues her sassy walk that thomas taught her one day when we were modeling.

once she got to us, she dropped down and flipped her head, and her back pack got thomas in the thigh. he slapped her backpack and said, "ow, you brat."

"shut up."

"oh shit grayson's coming." thomas snickered as he looked at daniela. daniela turned red and looked around for him.

"ari! ari, wait!!" i heard ethan's voice behind me. don't ask me how i recognized his voice. i just do.

i turned around and saw ethan with a smile plastered on his face, and my heart skipped a couple beats.

"hey," he let out a deep breath. "i'm sorry about yesterday, grayson found out and he thought we fucked. but i told him that we only watched the equalizer and ate chicken wings. and now he's telling everyone you and i fucked. im sorry, i didn't mean for this to happen."

i smiled and responded with, "it's okay, ethan. it's not your fault. only you and i know what really happened, people can believe what they want to believe."

ethan smiled with a wave of relief going across his face.

"i was wondering, did you understand the pre-calculus homework?" ethan asked, and i shook my head.

"grayson's letting me copy off of his."

"come over tonight. we can finish our homework there after i help you and we can just chill after."

"alright. i'm down."

"see you there!"

i rang the doorbell that was next to the door, and took a deep breath.

the first time i'll ever be invited over to the dolan's house. actually ever.

the door opened and i saw ethan, smiling. he was wearing our blue champion hoodie, and black sweats.

"i'm so glad you're here. grayson won't shut up about the voice." ethan's raspy voice spoke, and it had sounded like he had just woken up.

i had wanted to say, "the voice? i love the voice. it's actually my favorite tv show."

but i didn't. clearly ethan didn't like it so i shut my mouth.

instead i said, "you're annoyed, and you look like you just woke up. are you sure you want to tutor me right now?" i kind of laughed while speaking and he laughed too.

"yeah, i mean i'll lose some sleep but it'll be worth it if it were because of you." he said plainly, and a cold breeze flew by and he shivered.

"come in already, don't just stand there and make me seem like an asshole."

____________________

hi, how was your day love?
i've missed you all. i'm sorry for his really shitty chapter, it was kinda just a filler. have a great week love! stay safe.
- e.l.