chapter 01.

i sat on the bench outside of the front office of the school and shivered. i took my phone out of my hoodie and checked the time. 7:49.

he was supposed to be here at 7:45.

i sighed and unlocked my phone, texting ethan to make sure if he was still coming.

7:50 p.m.
me : are you still coming?

i could feel my nose turning red. the wind blew against my entire body and i had instantly regretted wearing leggings and an oversized hoodie with slip on checkered vans.

7:53 p.m.
ethan : to what.

7:54 p.m.
me : are you serious? you told me you were coming to the school.

7:55 p.m.
ethan : yeah, about that..
ethan : um i don't need help with my homework anymore.

7:57 p.m.
me : thanks, ethan.
me : you made me come out here when i could've been watching keeping up with the kardashians and eating chicken wings.

7:57 p.m.
ethan : are you mad at me?

8:00 p.m.
me : should i be?

8:02 p.m.
ethan : no. of course not.
ethan : this wasn't a date, ari.
ethan : and i didn't reject you.
read 8:04 p.m.

when i got home, i started crying. i don't know why i did. i mean, he was right. it wasn't a date. he just didn't need help with his homework anymore.

he was probably fucking some chick. daniela was right. boys like him are just douchebags.

i heard a knock on my front door and i stood up and looked through the hole to see who it was. my vision was too blurry to see who it was and what they were wearing, nor what they were holding.

i sniffed and opened the door, rubbing my eyes and refocusing my vision. i was shook. my jaw was dropped and my eyes were as wide as they could get.

"w-what are you doing here?" i asked as i rubbed my nose with the sleeve of my hoodie, completely embarrassed of the condition i was in.

"i um, i came here to make you feel better. sorry about earlier. i hope this could make you feel better?" ethan's eyebrows narrowed as he said the last sentence, unsure if he was correct.

in his hands were three little trays of chicken wings from buffalo wild wings, and in the other was a bouquet of daises, which were indeed my favorite flower, and a pair of matching dark blue champion hoodies.

"ethan, i.. i.. i don't know what to say - " i was cut off by one of his laughs.

"don't say anything. thank me later." he smiled as he walked inside my home with confidence as if he owned the place.

he placed everything on the little table that was in front of the couch and sat on the couch, resting his elbows behind his head and putting his feet on the edge of the table.

i closed the front door and sat next to him on the couch.

"what're we watching tonight, ari?"

_________________

- e. l.