Narcissism isn't quite hot

*****Here's Chapter 3*****

" Hello?" He asked after a moment.

I recognised his voice immediately and it was quite surprising that I did and the question that was lurking in the back of my mind was why?

" Are you there?" He asked again a little hesistantly.

Should I answer?  Maybe if I ignore him, this all will get over quickly. Yeah, that's exactly what I should do.

What if he called to apologise? What if he's angry about all this hate and felt that he should say sorry and ignore all this crap? Yeah, that's probably why he called.

" I know you're not mute, because of your dedication to me. Quite wonderfully, might I add." He said and I could hear the smirk in his voice.

I immediately scowled. Yup, he's a jerk.

" What do you want?" I asked harshly, not even trying to tone it down a bit. And why should I? He's quite arrogant.

" No need to get angry. I get it."  Oh sweet Jesus, he's so infuriating. Why does he think I'm a fan! I hate him. He's so rude, arrogant and a jerk.

" Get what?" I spat. If he says I'm a fan once more, I swear I'll kill him.

" You're a fa-"

He didn't get to finish because I immediately cut him off by saying,

" Listen, you asshole, and listen good. I.Am.Not.A.Fan. I never was, and I never will be. I didn't even know who you were until a few hours ago, and do you know who told me? My mother! What I did was because of a bet that I got two hundred dollars for doing and honestly, get over yourself. Narcissism isn't quite hot unlike they say in books or movies." I ranted angrily trying my best to get the point through his thick skull.

There was silence. I could literally hear the static.

Maybe I was a little rude? I should've been a less bitch to him. But he did deserve it, right? He shouldn't have assumed that I was a fan. I'm really starting to dislike that word.

But if someone dedicated a song to me and I were famous, I would've felt the same way, right?

Oh Lord, I'll have to apologise now.

" Huh," He said dejected. " You're not a fan. "

And there he went throwing that word around. All the guilt went away and my almost-dead anger was resurrected.

" Definitely not." I hissed.

Never in a million years, would I ever like him.

" Now I feel like an idiot for what I did." He mumbled.

This immediately perked me up. I sat up straight on my bed trying to control myself from blowing up because I had a feeling what he was talking about was not pretty.

" What did you do?" I asked calm surprising myself because I was quite pissed with him. But it was the calm before a storm.

" I, ugh, I.. Don’t get pissed, okay? I kinda sorta mentioned you in a interview about this and that I, umm, you know, would meet you.." He stuttered.

" You did what?" I hissed. Oh God, he's really trying to push me, isn't he?

" I thought you were a fan, okay? I mean, why would you do it otherwise? Think about it from my point of view. " He said quickly defending himself and sadly he had a point.

I sighed.

" So?" He asked.

" So what?" Now what did he want from me? A banner or something to tell him that I'm not a fan!

" Will you meet me?" His voice so serious that I almost believed him.

And I did what any sane or rather even insane girl would do.

I laughed. Not a snicker or a chuckle, a from-the-stomach laugh to a point where tears came and my tummy started hurting.

" Am I being punk'd or something? Is Ashton Kutcher somewhere in my house? " I asked meaning every single word because it would certainly be a dream come true.

" Carly, look-"

" Rae." I immediately cut him off. I hated that name.

" What?"

"Everyone calls me Rae. "

" Look, Rae. I'm serious. "

"Look, Smart. I'm not going to meet you, " Does he actually think I'm going to agree to meet him? I don't even know him. He's absolutely crazy!

" See, I get that you're not a fan," He began with a sigh. " But can you please do this for me? My publicist thinks this ought to help me for my new movie, so as an act of sheer kindness,  can you do this? "

Should I or should I not? There was a battle between the angel Rae and the devil Rae.

It will help him and it's not like I have to cross oceans or something. I just have to meet him. But why do I care? He's rude. And if people find out about this then I'm royally screwed because I know they will tease me because of my name and all my faults. Do I need this to make my normal life so complicated?

And with that I gave him an answer,

"No."

*****End Of Chapter 3 *****

So should she have said yes? And what do you think Oliver will do? Is he okay with Rae's decision?

What do you think of my characters? Please comment and whosoever reads manga can you maybe be my saviour and help me?

Goals for next update,

5 votes

5 comments

50 reads

Vote...Comment...Follow...

- Jenna ♥