"I appreciate the thought but I think I'll be fine," I let him know. "It's a bit weird, really."

"Yeah, I bet," he sighed. "What happened to her or him?"

"It was a him and, um, he took his own life."

"Fuck... that's horrible, mate," he said in a shocked state. It was a lot for me to digest, too. A waitress came out soon enough with the drink Levi ordered so that broke up our conversation for a few seconds.

"Yeah, I'm kind of unsure how I feel about it all. I cried about it and now I just feel... empty. I don't know. I'm more confused than anything. Especially with Kensington and her strange mind."

"Why? What's up with her?"

"Basically, we agreed on this... deal thing, where I can take her out for a whole month and then see where we end up. I confronted her about it the other day, like, I pretty much asked her if she would still want to be with me after this month ends because I had doubts."

"To which she said...?"

"She kicked me out," I scoffed as I took another sip of my drink. "She told me she had a meeting to overlook or whatever the fuck."

"So, what does that mean?"

"It either means she will stop seeing me once our deal is up or she will continue seeing me but is afraid to tell me."

"Which one sounds more legit to you?"

"Honestly?" I asked. With everything that happened between us, I genuinely had no clue. The way she cared for me, made me want to believe the latter but overall, I just had a gut feeling that she wouldn't want me longer than she had to deal with me. "I have no fucking idea, mate. None."

"Do you want to know what I think?"

"Go on."

"I think you are both confused. Like, you told me she likes to keep to herself and based on how private she is, I feel like this is weird for her, you know? From what the news say about her, she hasn't been in a relationship since forever, she's pretty much a loner, isn't she? And, like, when I spoke to her the other day at the golf course, she was kind of... shy. She didn't really want to open up to me – I had to force that awkward first conversation," he chuckled under his breath and I smiled softly.

"That's so weird to hear because she is never that shy around me."

"Oh, I can tell she isn't because she had no problem putting April in her place," he said with a smug grin. "Swear to god, I have not seen anyone get that mouthy with her other than us lot. But she knows us so we can never shut her up."

"So, overall then... do you reckon she'll fuck off after this month?"

"I think she might stay. How long have you been seeing her? Like, almost a month? You were definitely all over her since that charity thing you tried to drag me to," he laughed. Right. So, maybe I tried to make him be my plus one but I ended up with Celia. "From an outsider's point of view, I think she is really comfortable around you. I don't think you've noticed, but the whole day we spent together, she always had her eyes on you and stayed close – close enough to not spark your attention but to be able to keep hers on you. I don't know how to explain it."

"I definitely didn't think that," I told him honestly.

"Obviously. You were too in your head that day," he said. "After lunch, she seemed so much more... willing to talk. At least, when I went up to her after she hit the ball perfectly to compliment her on it, she seemed to be more okay with talking to me. I don't know. You did go after her once you sorted April out so you may have said something to her that calmed her down or whatever. I just reckon you two are good for each other, you know?"