Next day,

The boss said me and Chetan to head to the Deshmukh’s office as they want to make some changes in the plan. I was really pissed off to know that they want to make changes in my plan, like what is the need? And the most unneeded thing was, why am I supposed to go there? I mean Chetan can alone handle that too.

"You must be very excited right?” Chetan said once we were alone in the car. Does my look say I'm excited? I must be looking very angry now because I'm actually very angry and this man sitting next to me is the reason for making Me more angry.

"Why the hell would I be excited?” I asked back.

"Chill girl, you scared me." He said and acted like I scared him.

"We are going to Aarav's office and still you say that you are not excited?” He asked highlighting the word/name Aarav.

"Shut up.” I said but my mistake was I blushed while I said that.

"See, you are blushing.” He mocked.

"Stop it Chetan. It's nothing like you think. We have parted our ways long back.” I replied looking out of the window. I still get lump in my throat whenever I talk about our breakup.

"Well, yesterday's meeting didn't said anything about the breakup, in fact it showed something else, the way he was looking at you and the way were looking back, you guys seemed like a couple who are madly in love with each other."

We were madly in love with each other but not now!

"It was nothing. You are just over thinking about it. We have nothing between us, not even friendship. In fact last month we actually saw each after almost 6 years.” I said everything to him as I knew unless and until he don't get the details he won't keep his mouth shut.

"I'm sorry.” He said after some time.

"It's Ok.”I replied with a smile.

He stopped the car and I realized that we were outside his office. I know it is wrong but I was a bit excited to see him, his company, his office. I went out of the car and headed towards the entrance. As I reached there I saw Aananya standing there busy on a phone. She looked exactly the way I expected to see her after all this years.
Beautiful was an understatement to describe her.

I remembered all our talks and the time we spent with each other and all of the sudden I felt like to go and hug. Slowly I went towards her and stood a few inches away from her. She was so busy in her phone that she didn't noticed me. I was about to say her hi and just then she lifted her head from her phone to look straight at me.

I smiled at her but the reaction I got from her was totally unexpected. She was smiling earlier but when she looked at me her expressions changed. It clearly showed that she was not happy to see me here. Before I could speak anything she directly went away from there. I was hurt by behaviour but somehow I managed to stay calm.

Chetan came and then together we went towards Aarav's office.

"Are you crying?” Chetan asked when we were waiting outside his office.

"No. Why would I?"I said and quickly wiped the tears. I didn't realized when I started crying but I didn't expected Aananya to be so angry with me that she just ignored me.

After some time we both were called to Aarav's office. We both entered inside and saw him signing some papers with a person next to him.

"Please sit.” He said politely looking at Chetan. He didn't spare me a glance.

"Nice to meet you Mr.? Sorry I don't know your name.” Aarav said and Chetan quickly introduced himself.

"Nice to meet you Mr. Chetan.” He said extending his hand. They both had a handshake and started discussing about something whereas I just kept on wondering why can't he be a little professional. I again felt my tears rolling down my cheeks and at some point it was so hard for me to control them.

"Anyway, I have a meeting to attain. Varun will assist you with the further changes.” He said and left from there. Varun was manager of his company and now a good friend of Aarav Thank god, at least now I can concentrate on the meeting. I said to myself and involved myself in the meeting. The changes they made were quite necessary and will bring more profit was for sure, so without any second thoughts we agreed for them.

After the meeting was over, I came out of the office first whereas Chetan was still busy talking with Varun. I just wanted to run away from there but because of Chetan I was unable to do so. So I decided to go out and stand at least it was far better than to stand here.

I was fastly walking away from there when I felt a hand gripped my wrist and in one swift motion, I was pulled into a room near by. My back hit the wall and it made my eyes shut because of the fear and before I could scream for help I felt a hand covered my mouth. God, please save me.

Do vote and comment.
Thank you.