➊ 4- Agreement of a Century

When Rick finally comes to, we were in the house that Morgan and Duane were sporting. Well, more like stole and I found this out by Rick asking them like they did something bad, "This place- Fred and Cindy Drake's?"

Apparently, Morgan never met such people. Rick was asking meaningless questions and making dumb statements. I sigh and look at Rick lamely, he's still stuck in the past. He needs to move on into the new world, like Morgan.

As moving on, Morgan and his son were scooping mush food onto plates, it doesn't seem very nutritional so I stand, gaining the mens attention, and dig through my mum's duffle grabbing a large can of food -dented after being tossed into the youngest in the room- and toss it to Morgan.

"Let me know if you need some food, got more than enough," I speak up and went back to my wall and sit.

Little after he heated the can he called us to dinner. I sit next to Rick and as he is about to dig in, the father and son duo starts to pray.

I lightly smack him.

He drops his fork and sees them looking at us expectingly, I swallow my words and grab Ricks hand, then Duane's as they pray.

After they say the infamous 'Amen' Rick pokes at his food then shovels it in his mouth and, seeing that he is eating, I nibble on my own food.

"So whats your name young lady?" Morgan suddenly asks making me startle slightly.

I place my spoon down and respond gently "I am Luciana or, well, I prefer Lucy".

Rick nods and pokes at his plate when he sees he ate all of his food so I slide mine over. Rick tries to push it back shaking his head but I stand strong. Seeing that he won't win he relents and eats the food.

He needs more strength than I do.

"Is that your daddy?" Duane asks with wide eyes.

I tense slightly and rub the back of my neck as I force out "No, Ricks not. I don't know where my father is. But hopefully its far from here" I make my statement strong and try to make it seem like it was the end of the conversation.

Duane not understanding the tightness is my voice asks: "So he'd be ok?"

I feel my jaw locking and unlocking so I wouldn't snap at this kid as I force out calmly "No, I couldn't care less if he died. It's just- that- he was a son of a- I mean- prick- or twat." I twist in my chair so my spine would crack and fidget under the adult's gaze. I look down and puck at the strap on my chest.

"But w-" Duane started once more but stops so I looked up and see Morgan looking at his son with a 'I swear to fucking god' look.

Thank you, Morgan!

Morgan readjusts in his seat and pushes his empty plate slightly as he asks me worriedly "You seem like you're younger, why are you taking care of this guy. No offense. Wheres your family?"

I keep a cold exterior as I answer with a monotone voice, if I didn't I feel as though I will cry. I twirl my mothers ring on my finger as I answer "All I had was my mum, but she died on the first day. Shot down by the military, no thought. She worked in a hospital, I was helping out to get service hours for my college night classes."

Ricks' eyes widens as he asks me aghast "Wait, what?"

I chuckle a little and tear my eyes away from him and answer as I shrug "Well, technically I'm training to be a nurse, I'm taking night college classes, majoring in psych and minoring in basic med. I skipped like three grades."