pt 2 - "she's coming back today!"

Refer to first story for other abbreviations
G/F/N = girlfriend's name
B/F/N = boyfriend's name

                Only a week and a half had gone by, but it felt more like an hour. I was pretty much best friends with C/N, and we had the same gym class, elective class, and language class, meaning I had THREE full hours, plus lunch, PLUS the bus to stare at him!
I had also been introduced to his friends, who have the best music taste. The only thing I wished that would happen was for him to ask me out, but I decided to wait. Everything seemed to be going like a dream.
Until today.
The sound of the school bell echoed throughout the building, bouncing in and off the lockers and signaling the students and staff that it was time to start the day.
It took a few blows of the whistle to finally get all the children out of the cafeteria and to their classes, the janitors and teachers all herding the students towards the halls like we were all a bunch of sheep.
As usual, I sat in the back of my advisory class next to where C/N usually sat. He was late most days so I didn't worry. In the morning light, you could see all of the strange pencil-carved drawings on the wooden desk, including certain *cough* inappropriate doodles of body parts, and quotes like "f*** school" and "I wanna go home" or "I'm bored."
I glanced over at the clock and saw that it was 7:57.
7:58.
7:59.
8:00.
8:01.
8:02.
I heard the sound of the door handle turning and secretly held my breath. I couldn't wait to see C/N.
But it was just the teacher walking in with his usual clipboard. He began to take roll.
"...Y/N L/N?"
"Here," I murmured.
Towards the end of the list, he called off an unfamiliar name; a female name.
"She's coming back today!" One of the more popular girls squeaked.
They all seemed fairly excited, and I didn't even know her.
I didn't think much of it until the door opened again, and in walked C/N, holding hands with probably the prettiest girl I had ever seen in my life.
It was like somebody had stabbed me in the heart a million times.
C/N sat in the front with the girl who I presumed to be the one who everyone was so... fond of. I gulped.
"C/N, you're tardy. Again," the teacher muttered, unimpressed.
"G/F/N!" That was his girlfriend. "You're late on your first day back."
"Sorry..." she said quietly.
C/N ran his hand through his dyed dark hair, and I could tell he was proudly smirking even from behind.
Proudly smirking. Proud he was seen with... her.
When advisory was over, I tried to catch up with C/N.
"C/N!" I panted, grabbing his arm.
"Oh! Y/N. You haven't met G/F/N yet."
She shyly waved.
"I'm G/F/N. I love your outfit!" She smiles her perfect smile, and then grabbed C/N's hand, dragging him away.
And they were gone.
I gulped down my tears until I got to the bathroom. My heart ached as I sobbed, wanting no more than to crawl in a hole and die at that moment. Why did she have to be so nice? I thought. If she wasn't nice I would have a good reason to hate her.
I grabbed a bunch of paper towels and wiped my tear-stained face, realizing I would be late for math for the third time in a row if I didn't hurry up.
Maybe they'll break up, I thought. Maybe.

If I missed anything, don't hesitate to tell me!!! Thanks for reading! ^-^