Chapter 1

It was like any other day, but worse. My two best friends Bridgette and Emma, who seem to be my only friends at times were staring me down.

" Gwen how could you," Emma said in a worried way. I look up from my sketch book. That is like a diary to me except with pictures. Not even my best friends have looked at it.

"Because I felt like it." I had detention for punching a kid named Azden in the nose. Everyone asked me why I did it I just replied saying. Because I felt like it.

I was sitting in my seat waiting for class to start. Then I see Azden walk through the door his nose was swollen. He looked at me with daggers in his eyes. Mr. Carey walks in behind him about to start. When Mr. Carey starts pulling up notes he stopes. "Class pleas put your pencils down and welcome our new student Jake Greene. Come in Jake."

When Jake walks through the door I can't help but stair into his eyes, his dreamy eyes take me into another universe were I haven't been in years. I snap out of it when I start to remember painful memories. I go back to drawing in my sketch book.

"Jake why don't you pull up a desk next to...... Gwen" Mr. Carey says.

I look around the room to see every body staring at Jake even the guys. The guys looked jealous of Jake's big big BIG muscles. The girls looked happy and just gazed at him.

I put my private sketch book in my lap and get out my I.S.N. while Jake pulls up a desk. Then we get started. I showed him how to wright the notes and what to do on the left side of the page.

"Why don't you guys get started on the Key Terms. Then I will tell you about your project that's do in 4 weeks." Mr. Carey says.

I go a head and get started. Then I look at Jake and see him looking through my PRIVAT SKETCH BOOK! I try to ignore him even though I want to scream at him I can't get into any more trouble.

When I look at him from the corner of my eye I see him staring at me. I looked at him with confusion but Jake just smirks at me.

"You are good at what you do."

"What are you talking about. Is it watching TV, playing video games, wrestling with my brothers, being clumsy, oh I know I know it's being an idiot to put my trust in someone when they just tern you down!" I snap the pencil in half.

I feel the heated gaze of everyone in the run but i only paid attenchin to Jake. Jake's hand then goes under my chin. He turns my head till I am staring him straight in the eye.

"I meant your art work it's the best I've ever seen."

"Well you haven't looked hard enough. Go right over there to Izzy and she could show you much better drawings or even my best friend Emma. Know Emma has some pretty cool cartoon carekters." I stated.

"But you drawings are from your heart."

"How did you know that?"

That's when Mr. Carey interrupts.

"Okay I think that was enough time. Your project is an investigation on your partner. Your partner will be the person sitting next to. Everything else will be on this paper I'm handing out and there has to be 10 questions for each person in the group."

Once we get the paper we start taking about who's house we should do it at first.

"We will go to walmart first then go to my house for a day then yours. K?" I say with a huff of air.

"Okay whatever"

Then the bell rings.

"It's time for S.R.B." I yell and we all hurry to our lockers. When I reach my locker Ethan is standing there trying to get his things out of his locker.

"Gwen, can I do your combination? Can I, can I? He says

I glare at him "No!"

"Please please please pretty please!"

"No!" I do my combination and open my locker when Ethan slams it.

"Fine! It's 1-20-4."

When he finally gets it open he runs away to put his books up. I look around the halls to see they are all empty except for the dark shadow in the corner by the gym doors. I hurry up at my locker then I turn around to run to my class.

When I turn around the dark figure is standing in front of me. I can tell its a girl because some of her long brown hair is sticking out of her hood. Her eyes were glowing red.

I try to back up but when I do I back up into a wall. Then she pins me to the wall.

"What do you want?" I manage to say.

"I want what you took from me!" She said. Then she starts to growl! Like it was compleatly inhuman and then she picks me up by my neck.

"Stay away from my man!" She yells."And say hello to the angels for me."

Before I can understand she bangs my head against the wall three times then she drops me and runs away.

Everything starts to grow black when I see that I'm being picked up by whom looks to be JAKE!!!

OMG of all people at this school Jake of all people is carrying me bridal style!

I try to get out of his arms but I can't move. Then everything goes pitch black.....