Chapter 5: This day is just like whenever my brother got a guinea pig!

Layla's POV

I wake up and all I hear is Marisa and my breathes. She is still sleeping, and I just woke up. It's Thursday morning which means we have school, but there is no way we are going to get ready in less than five minutes. We don't have clean clothes, a brush, hair straightener, makeup, and etc.

Oh poopy pants.

"Marisa! Marisa!" I shout as I jump on the girl I met yesterday. She immediately shoots up and screams.

I really must have scared her.

"Where am I? What time is it? Who are- Wait a minute. Your Layla right? And we are in your hut. But seriously, what time is it?" She asks while her big brown eyes look at me. I take another look at my phone.

She isn't going to like what time it is, but she asked for it.

"Seven twenty-six! We need to get going!" I shout and run outside of the hut. Trees are everywhere, and so are other plants. But let me tell you, the one thing I hate about the woods it Mosquitos. And they love me.

Yay.

Marisa also gets out of the hut, and then takes a look of what she is wearing.

"I can't go to school wearing this, again! And my hair! And I need makeup!" She screams and checks her reflection with her smartphone camera. She keeps wining while she checks her reflection.

"Look, if we are going to get to school at least at a decent time we need to head over to my place." I tell her and she agrees as she follows me. I sneak out of the woods and across the football field with her. Then we cross the school's yard until we get to the parking lot.

Oh gum balls!

How am I going to get her to my house without a car? See, if I would have gotten one for my birthday we wouldn't have a problem.

"Do you happen to have a car?" I ask and I see a smile tug at her lips.

"Of course."

~

"Awesome! We made it here at a decent time. It's only eight forty-seven." I say as I hop out of Marisa's car. She also hops out and a big smile is on her face. We both walk right next to each other until we get to the front of the school.

"Bye!" She says and hugs me. This hug isn't as big as yesterday's but still hurts. She lets go and gives me another smile. She pretty much skips down the hallway, and I just stand in my place daring at her.

Why is she so happy?

Eh, I will probably find out later.

I start walking down the halls also, but I notice something is different. Nobody is in the hallway. I start walking around, until I hear talking. I turn around the corner and see every junior surrounding something or someone. I make my way through the seventeen year olds.

"Excuse me! Coming through!" I say until I make it somewhere, where I can see.

It's Duncan. He is in the middle of a fight with some kid named Tim. Tim is on the football team, and he is pretty big if you ask me. Although Duncan still manages to tower above him, and is still way stronger than him. Tim throws a punch at Duncan's throat, but Duncan quickly dodges it. Then Duncan throws a punch at Tim's left eye, and Tim doesn't react quick enough. Duncan's fist then comes in contact with Tim's throat.

I could puke. Blood is everywhere. It isn't one of those stupid fights where nobody gets hurt. This is an actual fight.

Suddenly out of know where Tim jumps on Duncan. This makes Duncan fall to the ground with Tim on top of him. Tim punches Duncan over and over again while Duncan is still lying on the ground.

Why isn't he getting up?

What the fudge?!

He just lays there while Tim beats the crap out of him.

I can't watch. Blood is just so... Disgusting.

I make my way out of the crowd and see teachers everywhere. The gym teacher is blowing his whistle, the crazy English teacher is screaming, and so on. But the teachers can't stop the fight. The students won't let the teachers through.

"This fight is epic!" One student screams and he lifts a girl onto his shoulders.

"Oh my god! Tim! He.. He... He is knocked out! Timmy Bear!" A girl screams as she runs to Tim. She lays his head in her hands and starts crying.

I'm pretty sure that's his girlfriend, or else that would be weird.

I start walking away from the fight. Very far away. I will never forget that. Duncan is a monster. I will never go near him again. He could kill me!

I stop at my locker an get my next three classes notebooks, folders, and binders. I start walking to my math class. The hall is still empty. I can't believe they find that fight worth watching.

I walk into the classroom, but nobody is in it. Not even the teacher.

I sit down in my assigned seat, and take out my notebook. Art is my escape. All I have I do is draw, and I feel special. I feel like someone just stabbed me in the chest, and I don't know why. Seeing Duncan like that makes me feel.... Like garbage.

I have been spending some time with that jerk. And then all of a sudden he almost kills someone!? I'm sorry, but I can't ever speak to him again.

Once I snap out of my thoughts I notice that I have already drawn something. It is a puddle. With a stone in it.

Okay, why did I draw that?

I continue drawing, but then I hear the announcements.

"Everyone please report to the auditorium. Again, everyone report to the auditorium." The principle says in almost a shout. I pack up all my stuff and start walking down the hall.

Still, nobody in sight.

Once I get into the auditorium I see only two people. The school guidance counselor, and Tara. Sweet old Tara.

I rush over to her and see upset written all over her face. She looks up at me and looks like she just saw a ghost.

Okay, I know I forgot to straighten my hair today but do I really look that bad?

"Oh my god. This day is just getting better, and better. First I see... And now I see you. Great!" Tara says sarcastically as I stare at her in confusion. I thought she would be happy to see me, but what ever.

"Tara, w-what is going on? Why aren't you happy to see me?" I ask as my eyebrows pull together like magnets.

"Nothing." She says quickly and I can tell she is lying. Something is up. Oh my goodness gracious!

This day is like whenever my brother got a guinea pig! It's terrible!

-------

Guys, I'm pretty upset with myself right now. I don't really like this chapter, but I had to get it done.

I just started school again, and I have so much to do. I barely have any time to ever go on here, so its going to be so hard to update.

Sorry, sorry, sorry.

I also know that this chapter is super short. Again, sorry.

I promise you, next chapter will be super long and amazing!

Although, it may take a while for me to update again:/

Anyways, hope you thought this chapter was okay.

Please comment your opinion, and vote if you enjoyed it!

Loooooove both!