•8•

It was a new day, a new dawn. You decided to go along.. with everything.

"Wakey, wakey!" You called to Brahms, undrawing his curtains. His music blasted out throughout the house, so you were sure he could hear it upon 'waking up'.

After dressing Brahms and preparing him for another day, you gladly took him into your arms, whispering sweet nothings into his ear.

The music still carried itself all around the house, even as you did your daily chores and fed Brahms. Occasionally, you stole a piece of his breakfast; why not, seeing as he's a doll and can't truly eat?

Of course, you obviously ate your own breakfast, which consisted of toast and marmalade. You cursed yourself for forgetting the tea.

———

"-and watched as lamps appeared rapidly through the gloom. 'Is she going by herself?' asked the porter's wife.
'Yes.'
'And how far is it?'
'50 miles.'
'What a long way. I wonder Mrs Reed is not afraid to trust her so far alone.' "

Suddenly, the phone began to ring, interrupting your reading session with Brahms. You paused, hesitant as to whether you should keep reading or not. Glancing briefly at Brahms and seeing his usual emotionless expression, you decided to continue to read.

" 'I remember but little of the journey. I only know that the day seemed to me a preternatural length and we appeared to travel over hundreds of miles.' "

———

Throughout the day, you went outside, raking in the murky, cloudy English countryside on the many balconies of the house. It was nice to have a breath of fresh air out the house every now and then.

But alas, the day came to an end, and you found yourself tucking in the 'child' you were sent to look after into bed. Sighing, you sat down gently on the bed, looking at the doll.

"I think we did it,"You said quietly to him.

Glancing over at the rules one last time, you realised you had nearly missed out the last one.

Rule Number 10: Kiss goodnight.

Quickly, you rose off the bed and switched off the lamp, clearly ignoring the last rule. You were certainly not going to kiss a doll.