chapter 8

🌼margot's pov🌼

"Watcha doin?" Zach says in a playful tone as he plops down next to me.

"Work," I reply dryly, concentrating on the papers in front of me.

"Already? You just started today."

I put down my pen and look up from the stack of papers. "It's not all fun and games Zachary," I say, poking his cheek before returning to my work.

"What do you have to do anyway?"

"Right now I'm just looking over contracts from venues your playing so I can make sure everything is sorted out and-" I stop talking due to the fact that Zach has begun to fake snore next to me. I playfully roll my eyes. "Ok, ok. I get it, it's boring. But your the one who asked."

He lifts his head from my shoulder and pretends he just woke up. "Sorry I must've fallen asleep," he says while adding a fake yawn. I nudge him with my shoulder as we both laugh. "Come watch a movie with us."

"Sure. I'll be out in a minute," I say not looking up from the papers. He rolls his eyes before leaving the room. "She says she'll come in a minute," I hear Zach say as he enters the main room.

I continue to work and I must've lost track of time because soon Jack comes in. "Margot?"

"Hm."

"Margot," he's says again but this time in a singsong voice. I look up at him this time. "Come on, we're watching a scary movie, so it should be fun for you."

I laugh a little at his remark. "Ok yeah. I'll be out in just a sec."

"That's what you said last time," he whines.

"I promise I-" I am cut off by Jack picking me up bridal style and carrying me out of the room. "Put me down," I shout but it is covered by my laughter.

"I got her," Jack says. All the boys begin to cheer. Daniel trips Jack while he's carrying me causing him to fall back into the seat and me to land in his lap. Everyone is laughing so no one notices the awkward moment between Jack and I where we forget our past for a moment, but then it all comes back. I quickly scoot off Jack's lap and he awkwardly clears his throat before pressing play on the TV.