Part 1

I

I.

Naina Kapoor is absolutely, without a doubt- sure of a few things in life.

Like, the unwavering promise of her warm sheets and soft blankets is both what makes her late and gets her through the day. Or how a bowl of Cinnamon Toast Crunch is her go to fix for any and every problem, no matter the caliber of it. But at this particular moment, the one thing she's sure of is that she's going to murder Harry Styles in cold blood.

She'd run to her room for 10 seconds, maybe 15 because she's slower in the morning, and left her bowl of Cinnamon Toast Crunch waiting on the kitchen counter. In that small amount of time, Harry's latest... 'guest'  had taken Naina's seat and was now eating her breakfast.

Naina's jaw is hanging open so wide, she can feel the inside of her mouth starting to get dry. The girl is blonde, definitely Harry's type, and she's got a nasty case of bedhead. Naina shakes her head at herself. She doesn't like to judge Harry's guests, for a lack of a better word, because she loves her best friend and her roommate with his dripping charm and stupid curls. But that doesn't keep her from being alarmed at how daft aforementioned guests can be.

Nevertheless, she's got shit to do today.

So she takes a deep breath to calm her fizzling nerves before she walks towards the kitchen, sliding across the wood floors in her fuzzy socks. After living here for two years, she's perfected the art of not falling flat on her ass. At least, not often.

She clears her throat as she rounds the corner of the counter so she doesn't startle the girl. It doesn't work as well as she'd thought it would because the blonde yelps and Naina's ears are suddenly ringing. She blinks at the girl who now has a hand pressed over her heart and is frantically gasping as if she's seen a ghost.

Naina's still wearing her pj's, a long sleeved henley that's soft as silk with a pair of plaid patterned shorts. She glances down at herself for a second before lifting her gaze.

The blonde is still staring at her in horror.

Naina ignores the spiteful words that come to mind and plasters a smile on her face instead, "Hi. Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you. I'm Naina."

She reaches towards the cabinet up to the right and pulls out a new bowl as the girl speaks up, "Uh... okay. What are you doing here?"

Naina's closing the utensil drawer with a bump of her hip when she freezes. Then she turns around to look at the blonde. There's no way this random girl is asking  what she's doing in her own kitchen.

"I live here," Naina says, dumbfounded when she realizes this girl isn't joking.

Blondie furrows her brows together as she scoops some of Naina's cereal into her mouth, munching it before she speaks, "Harry said his roommate was named Niall."

Naina snorts, growing more comfortable now. It's not often that she runs into these girls, but when she does, she never hesitates to tell them how it is. She slides her bowl over the counter and sits in the bar stool next to the girl who stares at Naina like she's got three heads. "Yeah. He does that."