Ch. 12: Day 8, Part 2

Start from the beginning

My arms fell to my sides, and my eyes squeezed shut as I forced the image of a red-eyed girl trying to kill Sans out of my head. "...That's what happened to you, isn't it?" I finally said tentatively, opening my eyes again.

*...Yes. But as you were saying, SHE never actually broke your soul. SHE simply took it over. So your DETERMINATION soul is still out there. Hopefully. Your hope is that Y/N can take it and use it, along with the other six, to break the barrier.

"But...what about you? You...you'll be...gone, won't you? You deserve a happy ending just as much as Sans."

*You smile at Y/N, shake your head, and tell her that seeing Sans to safety will be enough for you. At least you'll rest in peace, which is more than you can say for HER.

"...As long as you're sure, Frisk."

*You are. And you are also sure that Y/N has a crush on Sans.

I immediately blushed. "Excuse me? Are you crazy? Why would you say that?"

*The way Y/N acts around Sans suspiciously looks like she has a crush on him.

"Seriously? 'The way I look at him'?"

*You nod your head with DETERMINATION.

I laughed a little. "Oh, fine. I suppose that I have a teeny tiny little one on him," I admitted, turning a deeper red, "but if you find some way to communicate that to him, you're going to have a bad time."

*...You think that Y/N has already picked up his little sayings.

"What, that? No. It's something that my parents used to say. Does he say that sometimes?"

*...You're reminded of some bad memories.

"Oh, I'm sorry! I shouldn't have said that!"

*You tell Y/N that it's okay. She had no way to know.

"Still."

*You tell her to be quiet.

"No."

*You ask Y/N about her family instead of trying to argue with her.

"...What about them?" I asked casually, trying my best to hide the pain from my face.

*Anything.

"Oh," I muttered, surprised. Usually people ask where they are or something like that. Anything wasn't a frequently said answer.

"Well, I have my dad, my mum, my little brother, and my little sister. My dad's favorite color was cyan, and he was always super patient with all of us, even when we made mistakes. He constantly was making sure we were happy. I'm lucky to have someone like him."

*You guess that his soul was mostly PATIENCE with some KINDNESS.

"You're right, actually. My mom was this...pillar in our crazy world. She was always there for us. She always followed through in everything she did. And she didn't have a favorite color."

*You guess her soul was pure PERSEVERANCE.

"You're good at this, Frisk. My little brother, Peter, was spontaneous. He was never sure about what he wanted to be or do or how he felt about things, but when he did...wow. He always stuck with them. He could be a stronger pillar than Mom in some cases."

*You guess his soul was a pure DETERMINATION, like your own.

"...Yeah. Correct again. Lastly, there's my favorite, Gianna. She was so...so amazing. Let's just say that she always wanted to be a knight. She acted a whole lot like one too—"

*You guess her soul is an even combination between BRAVERY and INTEGRITY.

I stopped and stared at them. They stood still, looking back at me. Probably. Those glitches covered their eyes.

"Frisk...you're starting to scare me."

*You tell Y/N that you're a good guesser.

"...Sure, Frisk."

*You wonder about her soul.

"Mine?"

*Yeah.

"Oh. Um...okay. So I'm not really anything special. I guess other people would call me smart, quiet, shy, humble, and other stuff like that. I'm not really one to stick out."

*...

"Yes?"

*You tell her that you don't know what soul she has.

"Really? The great Frisk, stumped by my soul?"

*You tell Y/N to shut up.

I giggled. "Okay, okay, I'm stopping."

*You wonder what soul Y/N does have?

"I...don't know, actually."

*Really?

"Um, yeah. I've...never really looked at my soul. The only ones who have are my parents."

*You wonder why she hasn't.

"I...don't know, actually."

*You would ask to see her soul, but time is running out for the two of you. Communication is limited.

"Okay. It was nice talking to you, Frisk."

They looked down a little.

"It was nice talking to you, too, Y/N."

I frowned. "Um, Frisk? You okay? That didn't really sound like you."

They looked up quickly.

*You tell Y/N that you're okay. But she needs to go.

"Right. See you soon, Frisk."

I closed my eyes. Again.

POV: Sans

I glanced over at Y/N's sleeping body. I had laid her across the couch, and I sat at the other end. There was just enough room for the both of us.

She seemed...very peaceful. There was this...aura of tranquility that emanated from her. It made me calm. I took a deep breath. I just needed to keep breathing. It would all be okay. She would wake up soon. I just needed to keep. Breathing.

"I BELIEVE IN YOU, HUMAN!"

Papyrus...no...I need to breathe...

"JUST...TRY HARDER NEXT TIME, OKAY?"

Dang it Sans, breathe! Breathe!

I heard a gasp.

My skull twisted around. Y/N had sat up, hand over her heart as she was taking deep breaths. She looked straight into my sockets. "There's something I need to tell you."

POV: Y/N

He looked serious. More serious than usual. "What is it?"

"Frisk."

He seemed to pale. "What?"

"They've been speaking to me. Just now, they told me..."

I paused, my blood turning to ice. "...she is back."

(I know, I know, bad Lunar for leaving you on a cliffhanger! Too bad. Deal with it. But surprise! I wrote as quickly as I could to surprise you guys. But maybe...not everything is as it seems... Don't let me spoil the story, though. See you all later, Lunarlings!)