Chapter 28 : Nathaniel

Start from the beginning

"If you don't marry her, our alliance will be broken with Dubois!" He yelled back. "After the wedding, we will send you off to the farthest country from here, while we deal with this dark figure."

"If you do this, you kill everyone! You kill your kingdom, your faithful servants, and your wife!" I yelled. "Do you really want to do that!" And with that, I left the study, so angry that I didn't want to talk to my father at the moment. I walked to my room, but stopped at the door and looked next door, the room that was Lucy's. I my heart ached for a moment, already missing Lucy. I walked into my room and took a hot bath, trying to relieve the stress. 

After my hot bath, I walked outside to my balcony and looked at the stars. I sighed, missing Lucy's touch, her kisses, her smile. "Wow, you have it bad." I heard a familiar voice from the room. I turned around to see Borna laying down on my bed. "Where do you get such soft matresses?"

"Borna!" I exclaimed, very shocked at his presence."

"Hey, princey! Long time no see!" He cheered.

"We just met like four hours ago." I reminded.

"Four hours to long!" He whimpered, giving me a giant hug. 

"How long have you been here?" I asked.

"I told you, I'm like her guardian angel. Where ever she is, I am." Borna reminded me. I nodded in understandment, but I was still a little down. "Hey, you should at least be a little happy. She isn't getting executed, right?" Borna said. 

I nodded. "But still, she's in a freezing cell. And it's all my fault."

"Gah! Stop being negative! In two days, the battle will commence, just like what Lucy's father predicted. You can visit Lucy, but you must study the symbols." Borna scorned. Suddenly, his hat flew out of his head and started to suck him in. "Remember what I told you." He said as he was getting sucked in. His hat flew past me and into the sky until I lost sight of it. I walked over to my bed and layed down.  Maybe he was right. I could just visit Lucy, but I have to study the symbols, other wise we might loose the battle. I grabbed the black spell book and whispered, "Unlock." It swung open, and all night I memorised spells and practiced them.

I probably only got three hours of sleep, because even though I was wide awake, I felt so tired at the same time. I walked through the palace to eat breakfast. When I arrived at the Dining Hall, William ran up to me, his face pale as ever. "They're not gonna execute my sister, right?" He asked, his voice shaking in fear.

"Don't worry. I was able to stop the execution." I assured him. He smiled slightly, but he was still sad about his sister. At least I wasn't the only one. I saw my parents and Fay with her parents. I sat down away from Fay, knowing that she would probably claw me if I go near her. I sat down and ate my eggs, when suddenly, my mother stood up. Everyone's eyes were on her. "We have talked all night about this." My mother said. I looked at her, wondering what they were talking about. "We've decided to cancle the wedding." Suddenly, my sadness disappeared into pure joy. I stood up and ran up to my  mother, giving her a giant hug. "Thank you!" I thanked, almost in tears.

"We were able to compromise to keep the the alliance. Your lucky I'm a good negotiater." My mother winked. I smiled and kissed her on the cheek. I gavemy father a giant hug, and he chuckled. "I'm sorry, but I still have to keep her in the dungeon. It would be unfair." My father apologised.

"No worries, I understand." I told him. He smiled and gave me a hug. After the hug, I knew what I had to do. I walked up to Fay, who gave me her evil eyes. "I'm sorry for what I've done." I apologised with a bow afterwords. She just stared at me, not saying a single word. I knew that she wouldn't accept my apology, so I decided to leave the Dining Hall and left to Lucy.

I haven't been to the dungeons in forever. Last time I was here, I was seven , helping my mother feeding the prisoners. They would look so scrawny and old, I used to be afraid of them. When I arrived, I tip toed so that I would surprise her. When I was right next to the cell, I could hear Lucy singing a a song.

[ Not good with lyrics, so I just took something from Alicia Keys :P]

"Some people want it all

But I dont want anything at all

If it aint you, baby

If I aint got you, baby

Some people want diamond rings

Some just want everything

But everything means nothing

If I aint got you, yeah."

 Hearing Lucy sing made my heart flutter, which wasn't very manly. Finally, I stepped infront of the cell, which was guarded. "Having fun in there?" I asked.

Lucy, who was hanging upside down on a bar, jumped off and reached to the door. "Nathaniel!" Lucy said joyfully, making me smile.

"Guards, can you excuse us for a minute?" I asked them.

"Yes, Your Highness." The guars said in unison. They gave me the key to the cell and stepped outside. I opened the cell, and Lucy jumps into my arms. "How was your night?" I asked.

"I have no idea why people make the dungeon sound so eerie. It's not that bad. I mean, sure it was cold, but I don't see no skulls, or cob webs." She said. 

"So you wanna stay here?" I asked playfully.

"I'd rather stay in your arms." She told me, blushing wildly. I kissed her forehead, and she giggled with embarrasment. "I have some great news." I told her.

"What?" She asked.

"I was able to cancle the wedding." I told her. Her eyes went wide, and soon she smiled. "Are you serious?" She aked.

"Yeah! They were able to keep the alliance with Dubois and cancle the wedding." I told her. She squealed and jumped up in the air. I laughed and kissed her, who laughed in the middle of the kiss. "I can't believe this is happening." She whispered. "Does this mean we can be together?" Lucy asked me.

"Yes, yes it does." I laughed. She kissed my cheek and I unexpectedly blushed. Lucy laughed wildy, and I picked her up by the waist. She squeals, screaming, "Let me go! Let m go!" I laughed, probably the most I've laughed in years. Soon, we were tired and just sat down on the cobble stone floor. Lucy layed her head on my shoulder and held my hand. "I'm glad we don't have to hide it anymore." Lucy said joyfully.

"Me too." I told her, kissing her hand. I put my hand in my pocket to feel a small object. I took it out to see the ring Alice created. I guess it was now or never. I adjusted myself so that I was facing Lucy. "Lucy, do you wanna stay by my side?" I asked her.

Lucy nodded. "Of course I do. I wanna stay by your side forever." I grabbed both of Lucy's hands hands, and she looked at me, confused. "Nathaniel, what's going on?" She asked.

I brought out the ring, and she gasped. "Will you do the honor of becoming my wife?" I asked her. At first she was silent, and I thought I blew it, but suddenly she began to speak. "Will you always stay by my side?" She asked me.

"Yes." I told her.

"Will you always love me?" She asked me.

"Yes, of course." I answered.

"Will you be there when I'm sad, or scared, or lonley?" She asked me.

"Now and forever." I replied. Her eyes started to water, and she smiled. "Then yes. I will marry you, Nathaniel." She told me. I smiled widley. I hugged her and squeezed her tightly. I could hear her giggle and hug my tightly as well. I released her and grabbed her left hand. I put the diamond ring on her ring finger, and she smiled even more, tears falling down her face. "You have great taste in rings." She chuckled.

"Let's just say that a little friend helped me with the ring choosing." I laughed back. And with that, we just kissed eachother with joy and jappiness, holding on to eachother and never wanting to let each other go.