Chapter 19 - Adam

Chapter 19

(Adam)

Adam tried to ignore the intense pain he felt in his right shoulder, his jaws clenched shut tightly as he pulled his shirt and suit jacket back on. His wolf was snarling menacingly, knowing exactly where the pain was coming from: someone had marked his mate (his true mate). Adam kept his face emotionless though his eyes probably showed otherwise. His was had surfaced and he was unable to get him to calm down. The thought of someone marking his mate as their own made Adam want to hit something.

“Please, give a round of applause for your new Alpha King and his Luna.” Adam’s father bellowed and Adam realized he hadn’t been paying attention the entire time. He pasted a smile on his face, watching as every wolf in the crowd bowed to him and his Luna. Yet Adam felt no happiness. His wolf longed for Eva to be by his side and Adam deeply regretted rejecting her. But after what he had seen he was surely never going to be able to take her back.

~Adam padded toward the cabin on the neutral territory, staying in the shadows so he wasn’t seen. His ears twitched as he listened for any sign of movement near him. But after a few moments he heard nothing and cautiously crept around the back of the cabin, catching his mates’ scent instantly. Wagging his tail Adam followed it, desperate to see her beautiful face again.

After Adam had seen Keilor in the hallway he waited almost two months before deciding he had to see his mate again. He knew what he had done was probably unforgiveable but Adam knew he wanted to try to win her back. His wolf wouldn’t let him rest until he knew she would be back in his arms once more. Even if he had a new mate appointed to him, Amber, Adam wouldn’t let Eva just get away from him. He would rebel against the Pure Blood rules and he would bring Eva back with him, making her his Luna instead of the girl that had been chosen by his father.

Adam picked up his pace, sensing his mate was nearby. He could faintly hear her voice, knowing she was close. His heart sped at the thought of seeing Eva’s pretty face again and it excited his wolf more than anything. Just seeing her pretty, amber eyes again would make Adam remember everything he loved about her. He would remember just how special she was to him and he would make sure to win her back before his coronation.

At last Adam saw Eva’s long hair, wagging his tail happily. He was about to step forward when he heard a masculine voice. Growling lowly Adam took a step back, concealing himself in the brush by a tree. He watched as a tall man stepped into view, his hands going onto Eva’s waist. His brown hair was longer than Adam’s and he had piercing green eyes. Adam narrowed his eyes when he noticed this was the shirtless boy that had been helping Eva throw a football, and of course he was shirtless once again. The boy was covered in dirt and leaves and chuckled as Eva slowly began wiping them off, her eyes trailing down his body.