Chapter Five: Rumour Has It (In Editing!)

Start from the beginning

I can just tell that the other students in the office are getting the wrong idea,there's suprisingly a lot of tardy students today. Maybe it's the rain? Even the two secretaries give me funny looks. Great another rumor just waiting to be spread. I keep my composure and decide not to comment on it. Just ignore him and he'll go away, I think.

But he doesn't, he insists on walking me to class. And for once the hallway isn't empty after the bell. Just. My. Luck.

By lunch everyone in our grade, possibly even the whole school has heard that we're back together.

I spend the rest of my day denying any mention of our "relationship". People I've never met once in my life come up to me.

"No, I'm not dating him. Nor will I ever."

"Well he lied."

"Well she lied."

"No I will not date him again."

"He's all yours." 

"Right, I'd rather die a million deaths than date him."

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I decide to walk home after school. Sure it's a forty minute walk but, I can manage. I ran track a while back, I quit after freshman year though, it was no longer as fun as it used to be.

I not even five minutes into my walk when I notice a car slow down behind me. It's a black Ferrari,  I have never seen such a beautiful car in my life, except maybe for the Porsche but, the fact that Jonas owns it ruins it for me. I look back to make sure it's not some creep looking for a girl to be a sugar daddy to, since it looks like the driver has real money. I however, am surprised to see an attractive Asher behind the wheel. And for some reason a warmth spreads over me, and not because of the mild heat, this is different. 

Not wanting to be the anti-social person he thinks I am, recollecting the short conversation from a few days ago, I wave and move closer to the car. 

"Hey, can we talk?" He has rolled the window all the way down.

"My mommy says not to talk to strangers." I say trying and failing to sound like a six year old.

"Oh I think you know me, come on, it's cold outside." He unlocks the passenger door, just for me. 

Oh, I feel so special.

"That's funny, because the last time I checked it was over seventy degrees today." And boy is it hot. If I weren't a girl my top would've been long gone from my body.

"That's an even better excuse, you don't wanna be all hot and sweaty when you get home. When you can be in this nice expensive car." He teases. If that car's just nice, then nice is the understatement of the year. 

"That's why the shower was invented." 

"Can I join you?" He asks.

That offer sounds too good to refuse. I start to imagine him in the shower. But, I keep my mind in a PG state to save myself from a sin. 

 Avery. Stop. Being. A pedo. I scold myself.

"Hop in, I'll give you a ride home." Before I can answer he opens the car door.

"Fine." I give in and enter the car.

The inside  of the car is even better than the outside. It has smooth leather seats and all the accessories you could think of for a car. The detailing is simply incredible, even more so than Jonas' Porsche. The car is cooler and a much better choice compared to the late August heat.