The free coke Chapter 2

As me and Cory left Chubby's and headed to the park Cory went on and on about famous basketball players when I began thinking. How on earth am I suppose to meet a girl that I know I'm suppose to have a serious relationship with. All the girls I ever dated was from John Adams High school. I probably dated every single girl in that high school... at least twice.

"So what you think Shawn?..Shawn?"

"Huh. Ah Cory what did you say"

" I asked if you wanted play basketball for an hour and then you can come over to my house for dinner. Then hopefully if we survive the terrible food of Amy Mathews then I was thinking we could start finding someone for you to go on a date with".

" Ya but Cory how do I even know if she's the right one and more importantly how do we find her".

"Yes, yes all very good points. Well lucky for you I know just the perfect person to help us out. But first lets play a round of basketball. Winner wins a free coke."

"You're on." I said.

Me and Cor played about 12 rounds of basketball till one of us couldn't see straight anymore. Lucky for me it was Cory who kept wobbling the entire way to the Corner convince shop two blocks away from Cory's house.

" Common man your starting to scare the squirrels walking like that. "

" Hey you weren't the one who was hit in the face 7 times by the basketball " Cory claimed.

" Cory you do realize every time you got hit by the ball you tried to shoot a basket but it instead bounced off the backboard.

" Ya I know. Just give me a favour. If Topanga see's me like this lets say some big 12th grader tried taking the ball but I held him off and they ran away like a little baby." Cory said trying to sound all macho.

"You got it. Now common you own me a big cola." I said while opening the glass door that lead inside the convince store.

"One coke please " Cory said while wincing at the pain.

Something was different. The store didn't smell like an old shoe and cheap colon. The owner Jeff mustn't of had been there. And that's when I saw her. There wasn't a big guy with black greasy hair that I'm sure was a wig and a scruff along his face standing behind the cash register. It was a girl with beautiful long red hair with loose curls and big round hazel blue eyes. She was wearing a blue t- shirt that was see threw lace on the shoulders and the shirt was tucked into a black skirt that stopped at her feet. She was simply stunning.

"Hi. I'm Chanel. " She said looking directly at Shawn.

"Umm. Ah ...ah ....I'm ... ah Cory who am I again. " I said stupidly.

She looked at Shawn and grinned. That didn't help him at all, all it did was just making him even more nervous.

" I'm Cory and this is my friend Shawn. It's nice to meet you. "

" It's nice to meet you too. So one cola and that's all?" she said

"Ya I think that's all. Shawn you want anything else?" Cory asked.

After two minutes had gone by I just realized that Cory had asked me a question. I was still stunned by Chanel 's beauty.

"Umm..ah..no that's it." I said

" Okay that will be $1.75 please" Chanel said in her beautiful soft voice.

"Here you go. Thanks again nice meeting you. K Shawn you ready to go?". Cory asked.

I was still starring at Chanel when Cory was walking out the door. And then it hit me. We were leaving meaning I couldn't stare at Chanel anymore. I was desperate so I said the most surprising words that has ever came out of my mouth.

" Wait Cory I wanna get a new book to read.."

" A book .... Shawn you do know what that is right." Cory said so unsure of what I said.

"Yes of course I do. I love to read."

"Umm Shawn you feeling ok we can stop by the walk in clinc on the way home." cory said.

"Haha cory u can stop teasing me now even though I love to read books on my spare time doesn't make me delusional." I sounded so truthful that i almost believed it myself

" You like to read that amazing. So do I. You know we should have dinner sometime and talk about our favourite books". Chanel said so full of delight.

" Ya how about Friday night. Ill pick you up and 7:00 ".

"Great cant wait". She said

And I walked away with a cool look on my face like this date wasn't a big deal but on the inside I was smiling so hard I thought roses and chocolate were gonna come flying out my mouth.