Epilogue // Tyler

Start from the beginning

"I missed you." Jenna's hot breath brings some refreshment to my face. "Those hills were too high. And the trip to the top was exhausting."

"You could have used Clifford to reach the ground without having to walk." I say between giggles, while I comically picture Jenna grabbing the vulture's thin claws as the bird tries moves its wings to keep himself steady.

"How cruel of you." Jenna hits me in the arm and takes the apple away from me. Lucky Jenna, she gets to wear mittens and I don't. "Did you receive our flowers?"

I place my hand in my pocket, looking for the little yellow petal I placed there after the scene where the Banditos threw the flowers at me was shot. I show her the petal and she nods.

"Cute." She returns me the apple for exchange of the petal and kisses me again. "How's your memory?"

"Really good." I answer confidently.

"Great." Jenna winks at me and grabs an edible from the table. "Jeez, when was the last time I asked that question?"

"It's been a while." I answer, not sure if she was talking to herself. "See? I told you I could get better."

"Actually I was the hopeful one." She says. "But it's great that you made an effort."

I embrace her into a hug and she kisses my forehead. "Gotta go." I wink at her. "Josh says this property belongs to Will Smith. I should go and check it out."

"Good luck." She chuckles.

I make my way into the ocean of Banditos, feeling the heat radiate from this cluster of people and also feeling protected. When I reach the end, I spot Josh sitting on a lodge and uninterestingly texting on his phone. He's wearing a beanie and has sunglasses on, and unlike Jenna (and like me) he's wearing a simple piece of clothing plus the yellow bandana on his neck that doesn't protect him enough from the coldness.

"Hey, hot stuff." I say high enough for him to hear me and he raises his head. I throw the apple at him and he catches it midair, smirking as he takes a bite.

"Long time no see." He says between bites. "What have you been doing?"

"You know, escaping DEMA." I sit next to him, suddenly realizing this lodge is wet as hell. "How's Trench?"

"Lonely since you're not there." He smirks again and this time we both can't contain our laughs. "We shouldn't been laughing about this stuff, tho."

I shrug. "Wanna go for a walk?"

He nods, and we both stand up.

"My butt is wet." I say out of nowhere.

"Same." Josh giggles and we both head towards the valley.

~

Alright, you're probably confused so let me explain what's going on here.

The last thing you remember is probably the day Josh woke up in the hospital, and I don't blame you - after all, there's not too much going on apart from this whole fifth album thing that has been driving us crazy -, because for me that day was the day where I remembered the most.