~CHAPTER 14~ARGUE~

~Millie's pov~

"Uh, it's a scene between Eleven and Mike."

He furrows his eyebrows ever so slightly, "Oh," his whole composure changes. His eyes look jealous, "So that's what you and Finn were talking about."

I nod, "Yea, we need to run lines."

He leans away from me, making it seem like a ravine between us, "Then I guess you should go and practice. Don't let me stop you from being with Finn," it sounds like Finn's name is a bad taste in Jacobs mouth.

I reposition my weight onto my one leg, my hip jutting out in disbelief, "What do you mean by 'being with Finn'?"

He looks up at me with a subtle flicker of anger in his eyes, "Nothing."

"No, I want to know what you mean," I wait for his answer.

He rolls his eyes, "You know exactly what I mean, Millie."

I pause, looking at him with a look of disgust, "Really Jacob? I'm with you. Not him," I touch his arm and he pulls away.

"Just forget it. I'll see you later," he looks at me one more time and turns towards the exit of the lunch room.

I shake my head, anger and annoyance seems to hit the back of my eyes, making my head throb.

Great. Thank you Jacob, for the wonderful headache you just gave me. Thank you very much.

I move quickly toward the set where Finn sits, script in hand. He's obviously studying them.

I don't even realize how upset I am until the curly haired boy looks up at me. His gaze practically makes the anger boil over. I don't know, there's something about him that seems to mess up my emotions. I'm completely enraged now.

"You're late," he smirks at me, obviously trying to be playful. It's rather infuriating.

I glare at him, the old feelings for him fueling the fire that swirls in my stomach.

Old feelings? What the actual hell.

This thought makes me angrier if that's even possible. Finn notices my red face and the sweat on my forehead.

"Hey are you okay?" He looks concerned.

I stutter slightly, my vision blurring with the heat of my uncontrollable emotions, "No. I can't do this scene right now. I can't be here. I just-"

He cuts me off gently, "Millie. Calm down. I know there's something wrong but we need to practice."

I shake my head, his aim at comforting me failing miserably, "Have fun then," I wave at him sarcastically, storming away from where he sits, his mouth slightly open with question.

My feet are heavy on the ground as I move clumsily to the trailer that Finn and I share. I swear to- if he follows me, I'll kill him. I can't see him right now.

What's going on right now?

I slam the white panel door, pulling at my hair as I collapse onto a large sofa to the left of the room.

"Uuuhhggg!" I let out the guttural sound, making my throat hurt ever so slightly.

Why am I so mad? Jacob's never pissed me off like this before. Except when he cheated of course. I was livid. But mostly I cried.

I huff, thinking about why this set me off so much.

Squirming slightly, I realize.

Well shit.

It's Finn. It's because he went after Finn. And as much as I don't want to think about it, I do care about him. More than I'm ready to admit.

And when I saw Finn, it just made me angry because he was the reason I was mad anyways. Seeing him looking up at me, his face the definition of kind and caring, just made me so irked because he just sat there and got me in trouble.

I know it's not only that though. Just hearing his voice makes my emotions become a washing machine. Swirling and making me sick on a dizzying turn around my life. But what I realize is that he also makes me clean. He clears my head and gets rid of anything that shouldn't be there.

I smile to myself, already calming down at that thought. I consider going back to the take but it's already been too long. Maybe someone will come get me. And if they do, I'd go willingly. Finn-

Stop it. He's only a friend.

~Finn's pov~

I watch her go, concern pulsing through my heart.

I know she won't want me to follow her. So I go back to my script and try my hardest to focus on the words.

Of course I can't and it's all just pointless. Standing, I put my script under my arm and jog towards the Mike/El trailer.

I'm honestly worried about how she'll react. I hope she doesn't throw anything at me. But I mean, it's Millie. She doesn't get irrational very often.

Dust clouds around my feet as I move faster towards the little building, my nerves making my stomach churn uncomfortably.

I'm at the top step now, my knuckle hovering not an inch away from the door.

I take a deep breath before tapping lightly on the surface, waiting.

"Mills? You okay?"

I stay there, with my hand in front of the door, awaiting her voice to echo towards me.

About to knock again, I open my mouth to call to her. Suddenly, the door swings open, allowing me to see Millie, her face flush and the hair near her face all frizzy like she was sweating.

"Hi."

I move up a step closer to her so that I can be nearer to her.

"Are you alright?" I stare at her, concerned by the way she was just fuming at the common area.

Nodding, she motions for me to come in, despite the small building being my trailer as well, "Yea. I'm sorry about how I was acting. It was...just something with Jacob."

I attempt to hide the discomfort in my expression, putting a plain look onto my face, feeling that I'm pretty convincing.

Of course it's about him.