2.6

•scarlet•

It was dark outside and I had stupidly declined Max's offer for a rid home from billy. Why didn't I just tolerate the obnoxious boy for all of five minutes?
"I'm so stupid," I mumble hugging my arms to myself.
"Well well if it isn't everyone's favorite hot head?" A cocky voice says from behind me. Spinning around I see a smirking blonde girl with snakes made of shadows coiled around her arms, pitch black eyes
"Dammit...I should've known as soon as those snakes attacked me...what the hell are you doing here?" I snap. I really wasn't in the mood for this. For her games. I should've known those shadows would've done nothing but scare me. She'd always had a twisted sense of humor.
"I missed you," the demon pouted, her bottom lip sticking out, eyes wide.
"Puppy dog eyes don't work for demons, sorry Savy," I tell her spinning around to keep walking
"Where are you going?" She whines "don't you wanna know why I'm here...I think you'd be quite...interested..." she smirks

"Wait...were you the one watching me the other day...when I was home alone?" I asked her, turning fully to her again
Her hair flared bright cherry red "someone was watching you?!" Savy's face grew grim "then it won't come to a shock to you when I tell you Hastings is in town,"

My blood runs cold. I could feel my hands begin to fill with hit. Each grands them and retracts the heat from my hands.
"I'm here to help," she says
"Help? You a demon wanting to do good?" I laugh bitterly "spare me please,"
"I'm not kidding, you helped me now it's my turn to repay you,"
"I didn't think I'd ever see you again," I tell her "I mean you disappeared after everything went down I thought you'd just left without holding up your end of the bargain..."
"I may be a demon but o don't go back on my word...I just needed to stay under the radar for a while.."

My life had been a lot more complicated than I think I ever let on. The kidnapping, the powers, my parents, Savy. I never quite understood how I handled everything so well. How I wasn't going insane, how I hadn't kill myself yet weather it be intentionally or not. I never understood how I managed to keep my head up.

"I saw your new girlfriend...never thought you'd get over that bitch Ophelia if I'm being honest," she begins to walk, beckoning me along.
"How come you sent your shadows after me?" I says disregarding what she said "when they coiled around me it's like they were filing the life out of me,"
"What?" She looks at me, hazel (almost orange) eyes wide "I didn't send my shadows after you, even if I did I would've shown myself sooner you know that Scar...I may like to trick you but I'd never hurt you, I'm a demon not heartless," I frown

"It must have something to do with Hastings then, he has to have something working for him to get to me..." I look at her shadows that hand still been wrapped tightly around her wrists, not sleeping into her skin just yet. I noticed her weren't just black. A mix of orange and gold showed through them, they had golden eyes like stars. The ones after me had been blacker than the night sky above us. "Savy..." I say looking st the demon I once and still may call a close friend. Maybe my best friend and enemy all wrapped in one.
"Yeah scarlet?" She glances at me before looking straight ahead of her again

"I'm scared..." my voice shook. I felt he disgusting well of tears form on my eyes. I'm not sure what came over me. But I get the anxiety settling in the dark pits of my stomach and I couldn't hold it anymore. I was terrified. The people who took me from my home and ruined my life had somehow found me again. And this time they were stronger than before, using forces like myself that were unnatural.

"Fuck...Scarlet..." we stopped walking
"Im so fucking scared," tears rolled down my cheek. "Life has been great here in Hawkins...I mean for the most part, yeah shit has happened but if I go back there...fuck!" I squeeze my fist closed. My breathing was shaky and my chest was tight.
"You aren't going to go back, I told you I'm here to help you...you won't be taken and you are going to be happy here with your girlfriend for a long time," she looks at me, a newfound fierceness I eyes "Scarlet Jewel Loveall I promise you I will do anything I and everything I can to keep you here and out of the god forsaken lab," her hand reaches my shoulder and I let out a sob.

I didn't know why I trusted her word. She was a demon. Maybe it was because we'd used to be close.or maybe it was because I could hear the voice of what used to be human scraping the top of her words with compassion.

Holy shit an update after like four fucking months. (Also I added slow updates into the bio of this book bc apparently I can't be consistent with updates...sorry?) anyway a lots been happening (some good some... not so good) but I just really wanted to update

This chapter took a bit of a turn and I kinda pulled Savy's character out of nowhere so sorry for that but I have some good ideas for her and the background of her and scarlet.

More with the party and max to come but here's this update.