Chapter Twenty-one

Začít od začátku

...And werewolves?"

She formed an 'O' with her mouth and let me go putting her hand over her heart  as if deeply shocked and offended.

"Never!"

I stepped towards her and poked her in the chest with my finger making her laugh again. I wanted so badly to pull my phone out and record it so I could listen to it anytime I wanted like a favorite song. She stepped back looking around as if afraid. She really was bad at faking it.

"Tell me the truth."

"Babe, I can't speak for every reject that comes into the bar but none with any class ever would. We have far better methods."

My mind went foggy at her calling me babe. It was the first time she's ever called me that. My inner goddess had her Pom poms out and wasn't holding back.

"L-L-like what?"

Oh get it together Crystal! You're sounding like an idiot. I didn't care. I was too happy to.

"We ambush them at night and make them fall in love with us."

Her smile broke into a full fledged laugh. Before I could even think of anything to say to that she grabbed my hand again

"C'mon, I wanna dance!"

She pulled me along to a small area near the house where we started dancing or try too anyways. My eyes kept wandering all over the place taking in everything.

"Can vampires turn into bats?" I asked her getting her to laugh again. I was on a roll.

"Batshit crazy maybe. That's about as close to shifting as I've ever seen from them. Why do you ask?"

"Just trying to figure out if being naked means they're werewolves is all. If vampires don't shift then that means clothes is a good way to know.."

"But you're wearing clothes. You're a vampire?"

"Nooo! I'm still working on this, okay? You got some super nose or something and I'm just... I don't know!"

We danced together for about forty minutes. Because it was rock music it was nothing to get really close with but I still loved it. As much as she said she didn't want to come she has opened up being away from the bar. Why did she always put up a wall there? I wish I knew.

"I'm grabbing a drink, you want anything?

I shook my head rapidly. "No! Not with all the blood around. I'll grab a can or two of pop at the bar later."

I watched her leave and I went looking for a place to sit down. I found a spot with a few comfortable padded lawn chairs under a large oak tree that wasn't being occupied and let me have a good view of things.

I noticed Linnea talking to a group of three people just inside the large house. Two guys and a girl all naked talking comfortably as if it was a natural thing. I guess it is natural for them but certainly not for me. And positively not until I have my surgery that I was counting down the days and would need to find someone to go with that I was very comfortable with. To think just weeks ago I imagined that to be Jake and it being a magical ten days or so without worrying about his wife discovering us. Now I'm with her but I didn't see me asking her. That's a huge upgrade in intimacy that I didn't think I was ready yet to dive into. That left only one person and just thinking about the conversation with Joann made my head want to start aching.

"Look at you. You're little mate already up and dumped ya? I've seen desperation before but you, little Ms. Wannabe, really take it to a whole new level."