Chapter 26 - Morning after

Start from the beginning

"Then I bring it to Robert, and hope he's still the man I once knew. Afterwards we'll discuss Aurelia's marriage. I'll find a gran maester to annul it at once." Ned replied.

"Keep a closer watch on her will you? Aurelia may have a temperament but her soft heart takes control of her. I fear she could be manipulated as well." Catelyn said, knowing her daughter all too well. Aurelia is proud to be a Stark and hold its name, but she never fully embrace her wolf side.

"Of course, I will." Ned assured his wife, still clasping their fingers together. "You watch yourself on the road, huh? That temper of yours can be a dangerous thing." He teased her, causing Catelyn to grin.

"My temper? Gods be good, you nearly killed Littlefinger." Catelyn pointed out lightheartedly, and two laughed it out.

"He still loves you." Ned told her, but Catelyn heard it to no effect. She did not care if there is another man who loves her, as she knows that the only man she will ever love is standing in front of her.

"Does he?" Catelyn questioned him obliviously, her eyes never leaving Ned's. They stared lovingly at one another, before Ned pulled her into a kiss goodbye.

"Off with you." Ned said, though it pains him to say it. If he could, he would have wanted Catelyn to stay in King's Landing with him, or perhaps he gets to return to Winterfell with the girls where their family can be whole once more.

Catelyn took her time pulling herself off from Ned's warm embrace, before mounting off his horse. Ned gave a curt nod to Ser Rodrick, trusting him with Catelyn's life. Her eyes never left Ned until she had to, and he watched her leave King's Landing with a heavy heart.

***

Elsewhere in Kings Landing, the sun shone through the windows in Aurelia and Jaime's chambers. Jaime tiredly squinted his eyes open, and was met by the glaring sunlight. He was about to move, when he felt a heavy weight on his forearm. He looked down, seeing Aurelia's head resting on him, and the events of last night quickly came back. Aurelia and him had lay with one another. They became tired by the end, and slept peacefully throughout the night.

Jaime found himself staring at Aurelia once more, taking in her long eyelashes and rosy cheeks as her chest went up and down with every breathe she takes. Her naked body was covered by the thin blanket, as was Jaime's. He would have waited until Aurelia woke up, but a knock from the door interrupted him. He let out a groan, and gently moved his arm from under Aurelia's head, careful not to wake her. Jaime put on a pair of breeches before walking towards the door, and opening it to reveal the King's squire, Lancel. He appears disheveled and afraid, holding a goblet completely filled with wine.

"What is it?" Jaime asked him,

"The King requires Aurelia Stark's presence this afternoon, Ser Jaime." Lancel informed nervously, as if he was afraid that Jaime would hit him if said the wrong thing.

Jaime's became perplexed as to why Robert would want to see Aurelia. He cannot deny that the King has a slight infatuation with Aurelia due to her similarity with Lyanna Stark.

"Whatever for?" Jaime questioned Lancel,

"He did not say, Ser." Lancel replied, and Jaime's mind continue to churn as to the reasons why Robert wishes to see his wife.

"Well why didn't you ask?" Jaime questioned him annoyingly. He appears baffled at Lancel's dimwittedness, and often wondered where he inherited his personality from.

"Jaime?" Aurelia's voice appeared, sounding tired. Jaime turned around to see Aurelia was starting wake. With Lancel standing under the doorway, he was in direct sight of Aurelia if his eyes averted to the side, and his did when he heard her talk.