Episode 27

Episode 27 :*

I walked into Daniel's apartment now that my work was over. I was surprised that the day had gone by so quickly considering it goes by slow. I saw Daniel sleeping on the couch watching the news.

I took off my shoes and threw it across the floor. Daniel stirred in his sleep. I grabbed the juice jug from his fridge and slammed it on the counter making as much noise as possible.

"Ah, Shoot." I whispered, feeling my phone vibrate in my pocket. I replied to a text from Mary, I turned around when suddenly my elbow hit my glass, making it smash to the floor and water go everywhere. "Ah, see, now THAT was an accident." I said.

"Kath...?" I heard Daniel groan.

"RISE 'N' SHINE!" I shouted, I walked out and saw him getting up. He rubbed his face.

"What happened?" He asked, his voice tired as he rubbed his eyes, trying to wake himself up more.

"I just dropped a glass." I said, like it was no big deal. He looked at me.

"Which glass? You didn't get hurt or anything?" He asked, walking up to me and grabbing my hands and observing them. I rolled my eyes and yanked my hands back.

"I'm fine," I said, hitting him playfully. "But, it's nice you care!" I said cheerfully. He walked in the kitchen.

"Ugh, Kathryn!" He said, I laughed and grabbed a broom. I saw Daniel picking up the chunks of glass from the floor, throwing them in the garbage. "Thanks for waking me up by the way!" He said sarcastically.

"Oh, it's my pleasure." I smiled and started sweeping the floors. Daniel grabbed a few towels and wiped up the water while I threw the glass in trash can. "Ok, All done." I said. I went to grab another glass when Daniel grabbed my hand.

"No, No, you've done enough, I'll do it." He glared. I smiled smugly at him. He grabbed me a glass and poured water in it. "There." He said. I smiled and gulped down water.

Suddenly the phone rang, I quickly answered it, "Hello?" I said into the phone. I heard sobbing.

"Kathryn!" Kaye said, my smile fell off my face.

"What?" Daniel asked, studying my face. I ignored him and listened to the weeping sound of my sister.

"It's--It's M-Mom. She..." Kaye sobbed. "Something's happening! She's....They don't know the time she has left! She just collapsed and couldn't breathe..." She said, I dropped the phone in utter shock. It couldn't...it's not happening again, It's not! I felt a sob escape my lips and I collapsed onto Daniel's chest.

"Kath!" Joe said, I suddenly couldn't breathe. I felt arms wrap around me. "Kathryn what's wrong? What's happening?" I slowly slid down, taking Daniel down with me. "Shh. Kath. What's wrong?"

*******

COMMENT!! VOTE!