Episode 11

Episode 11 :)

*******

Daniel slowly got up, looking down awkwardly, holding his hands behind his back, he looked up at my mom. "Miss Bernardo." He greeted. She didn't say anything, like she usually did.

"Um...Kath, can I talk to you in the kitchen?" She asked. I nodded slowly and took a few groceries to the kitchen. Daniel awkwardly sat on the couch. I put the groceries on the counter. "So...You and DJ are getting...closer." She said.

"Mom...it wasn't what it looked like..." I started.

"Kathryn, you guys are going to fast, I know you're 23, and you've known him since you were in diapers. But slow down, Kath, that's how mistakes happen." She said looking at me. I was taken back.

"Whoa, whoa, WHOA!" I said, putting my hands up in defense. "You--No, Mom, that's....that's not what we were doing, we were joking around, I was chasing him." I explained, she put a hand on her hip.

"You were on top of him, Chandria. You were about to kiss. I think you two were lucky I stopped you." She said, putting the milk in the fridge.

I began to raise my voice, "Mom! We were not," I then remembered Daniel was still in the house, "We were not going to have sex, not even close." I whispered to her. She ignored me, I knew she wouldn't let this go.

"It's the same story every time," She mumbled. "If you two are going to act like retards and not be wise or make good choices I'm going to have to keep your time together a curfew." My mouth gapped open, was she serious? She can't do that! We're only friends and we are wise! I'm 23 for God's sake. "And, if that doesn't work for you, I won't let you two see each other again." She said, as she packed up the cupboards with food.

"Ugh! Mom! We weren't!" I said.

"Kathryn..." She looked at me with that look. I rolled my eyes.

"You're also not allowed to go to his apartment after 7:30 PM." She said.

"Mom! We have Movie Night on Wednesdays at 8:30!" I said.

"Not anymore." She said.
"Ugh." I grunted and walked out of the kitchen, mad. Daniel looked at me.

"What happened? You look pissed." He said. I kept the frown on my face and walked out the house, I felt him behind me, trying to keep up with my pace. "What happened?" he asked again.

"I hate her." I grumbled, I still marched down the street.

"No, you don't." He said. I nodded.

"Yes, I do." I said.

"Well, why do you care for what she says, its not real or anything." Daniel pointed out, I then realized I completely over reacted as if he REALLY was my boyfriend and he's not...but...she cancelled movie night...bitch...wait, why am I so angry at her? Daniel and I are nothing, we never will be...we never will be anything...at all...

I looked at him and shrugged. "Is it your time of month?" He asked with a smirk. I slapped him in the stomach.

"I am mad because....." I hesitated. "Because she cancelled movie night." I said. He laughed, throwing his head back and laughing. I glared. "Forever." he suddenly stopped laughing.

"Forever? That bitch." He said. "Sorry," He said, I shrugged. "but...that totally goes against all regulations of Friendship Wednesday!" He exclaimed, I nodded. "We'll just move it to Wednesdays at 5." He said.

********

COMMENT and VOTE