Chapter 2

"Ugh. Gimme another word for impatient." Katie slumped against her computer chair.

"How about Katie?" I retorted. She rolled her eyes at me before digging under her bed for her thesaurus. "You actually keep your dictionaries under there?" I raised an eyebrow in disgust. Katie smiled sheepishly and turned to the computer, while I turned back to my magazine. We had just finished dinner, trust me, that's a good thing, and were now starting on our english project. I love english! feel free to note the sarcasm.

"And why was finishing dinner a good thing?" the annoying voice in my head questioned.

"Well, if you must know. Leo was a total ass at dinner. He ate like a freaking pig! Then he stole my half eaten slice of pizza and just shoved it down his throat! Just like that! Luckily Katie shared with me hers so I didn't have to go hungry. Poppy and Queenie suggested we ordered a second pizza but then Leo would probably just devour it like cotton candy. So i said no. But he was totally a freaking jerk!"

"Wow. You talk a lot when you're angry." the voice said, yawning.

"Well, you asked me the question in the first place, didn't you?" I snapped at it, annoyed.

"Whatever. Go and help Katie with the english project. You do know that it's 50 percent of your final grade right?"

"Yeah i know. That's why im asking Katie to do everything. And since when are you allowed to give me orders?"

"You see, im a part of you. So im really just you telling yourself what to do, even if you don't do it."

"GAHHH." I groaned aloud. Katie's head snapped back from the computer screen and her face had a funny look on it. "What?" I murmured and pretended to look focused on my magazine. Luckily she seemed to dismiss it as my odd and wacky behaviour and turned back to the computer.

Yes, if you're wondering, I do talk to myself. Alot, in fact. That's one of the reasons why I get sent to the counsellor ALOT. The other reason would be for beating up a guy, or girl, if they pissed me off. You know the saying, the pen is mightier than the sword? Yeah, that's just bullshit for me. And yes, if you're wondering why I got sent to the counsellor earlier today. This guy, Alex Thomas, or something like that, grabbed my ass while I was walking past. So, i decided to give him a little something to remember me by, if you know what I mean. And if you're too dumb not to know, yeah i beat him up and almost took out his ability to produce kids. I have always loved fighting. Even as a kid. about 7, I used to have this best friend, Jason, who would always be my fighting partner. At first, i always lost. Then after a while, i got used to fighting him and i would beat him hands down every single time, literally. Then later he moved away, and I never saw him again. I cried for like 5 months because i missed him. But one day, my dad hit me for being a crybaby and yelled at me for being so annoying. From then on, i swore never to cry over 'useless things', as my dad called him. Yeah, i had a pretty rough childhood when i was younger, but i don't really care anymore. Gosh, i sound so depressed right now.

"Yes you do."

"Stupid voice. GO AWAY."

"You're mean.." and with a whoosh it was gone. Yay.

"IM DONE!!!!" Katie sang out melodiously. I glanced at the clock, it was 9. "Wow, you took only half an hour to finish. Impressive. " I remarked. Katie grinned," Thank you, even if you didn't do anything to help. " she winked. "Yeah but only cuz i hate english. You know that." I fought back. Katie laughed. "But you always get an A for english." she continued. "Yeah but that doesn't mean I LIKE it." I said. "Ok fine," Katie pouted. I smiled victorious. "Let's get ready for bed." Katie said. I stood up and looked at her, "Seriously? It's only 9!" I whined. Katie shook her head and plopped down on the bed." You know I have to. It's kinda like a body clock," she said, already yawning. I rolled my eyes in response and headed to the bathroom to brush my teeth. When I got out, Katie was already fast asleep. Oh God, that girl didn't even brush her teeth, now I have to sleep beside a monster with ham breath. I climbed into bed reluctantly, and fell asleep.

(Jacqueline's dream)

"Come on, baby. You know I didn't mean to." He gave me this innocent look with his eyes, but that made me even more angry. "You expect me to believe you didn't 'mean to' sleep with her? Justin?" I said, putting air quotes around the words 'mean to'. Justin suddenly got angry and slapped me across the face. I winced in pain. He immediately gasped in shock and caressed my face. I pulled away. This wasn't the first time he had hit me. In fact, he had done even worse. Tears came streaming down my eyes. "It's over, Justin." my voice cracked. "No it's not. You have no right to say this is over. Only I will say when it's over, understand?" He shouted, furious. I tried to slap his face but he grabbed my hand, stopping me in mid air. Then, in a split second, he grabbed my head and shoved it against the brick wall.

"AHH!" I jerked up awake, my face covered in beads of perspiration. I looked over at Katie, she was still fast asleep and curled up into a tight ball. I got out of bed, knowing I wouldn't be able to continue sleeping. I opened her bedroom door softly and slipped out in my pyjamas, deciding to head to the kitchen to look for something to eat.

When i got to the kitchen, i saw Leo opening the fridge and sneakily taking out some chocolate. I walked softly up to him and tapped his shoulder. "Woah!" he turned back and almost dropped his chocolate. I giggled madly. "What's your problem?" he said annoyed. I laughed the headed to the fridge, taking out the same chocolate he took. "Nightmare. Couldn't sleep." "Oh." was all he said as he headed to the sofa and turned on the tv. Deciding on a football channel, he rested his legs on the coffee table, munching away on his chocolate. I plopped down next to him, nibbling on mine. We watched football for a while before I started to get tired and my eyelids were drooping. The last thing I remembered was leaning against Leo, his arms wrapped around me and my head buried into his muscled chest, before I fell into a peaceful and dreamless sleep.

Leo's POV

Oh my god she's leaning against me. I think she's about to fall asleep, the way her eyes keep blinking tiredly. I pretend not to notice her skin against mine but it's just so soft. Yeah yeah i know. It's kinda obvious I like her. In fact, the first time I saw her two years ago I've been having a crush on her. She looked just like an angel and it probably sounds corny, but it was love at first sight for me. When Katie saw how weirdly I was looking at Jac, she came over and warned me to stay away from her. Well, her exact words were more harsher but I didn't really care. I didn't plan on telling Jac either. I thought this was just a phase or some hormonal crap. But nooooooo. Two years later and I still can't help staring at her longingly when she's not looking. So being my stupid childish self, I teased and annoyed the crap out of Jac to hide my feelings for her. Yup, im just that lame.

She started to wind her way into my chest, resting her head peacefully. I was pretty sure this was the only chance I got to get that close to her so I wrapped my arms gently around her, watching her eyes for any sudden movements. Wow, I like holding her. I like being this close to her. I like her. I closed my eyes and breathed in her smell. Okay, stalker much, but I didn't care. It smelled like water melons. Nice. Soon, and unknowingly, my eyelids started to droop and i fell asleep, with the tv turned still on. I hoped morning would never come, so we could stay like this forever.

So second chapter. I decided to add Leo's POV. Now that i think abt it, he talks really gayish. oh well.

Yeah... about the song. Just imagine that the slice of pizza was singing it to Leo. :D

Vote Fan Comment

I LOVE YOU ALL!! <333

~Jules