Chapter 1: homey

NOW PLAYING...

Tell Me
Why Dont We
- - - - - -

" I'm just being honest
I'm not here to waste your time

You could hold my promise
I don't give it away too often "

»»————-  ————-««

(A/n just one thing, can we all just pretend that she has a Polaroid camera that looks vintage and uses it a lot to take pictures of everything and anything, because I'm too lazy to write it in and its somewhat crucial to the story yeet ok enjoy)

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ Melody ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

School. It's that thing where you have to do it no matter if you're willing to or not. And it just so happens, i took the opportunity to sign up to boarding house, whereas my sister chose not to.

My twin sister to be exact: Mabel.

We look identical, even our parents got us mixed up sometimes. The only thing distinguishable is my eyes, i have a light violet colour surrounding my iris whereas Mabel just has blue, although her eyes are slightly darker blue than mine.

Nichola, my adopted sister, decided to stay with her family since she was a huge help, plus she can cook like a frickin god. We were all extremely close and inseparable so this experience was definitely a change.

"Oh my god I'm going to miss you so much" my mom basically wailed, hugging me tighter as my dad wheeled my luggage out. Tears were welling up and if Mabel didn't push my mum away, i might just have a soaking top.

"Mom my turn come on" Mabel says, shoving my mom out of the way and attacking me in a hug "I'm going to miss you so much. Text me anything and i'll fly over ok? I'm going to miss having a double of me around the house"

"Ok ok, I'll be fine! It's not like I'm leaving forever, i'm coming back to visit"

You won't believe how wrong i was.

But that's for later.

"Meeeeeelllll I'm going to miss you so much oh my god my baby sis is all grown up" Nichola exclaimed, waterfalls pouring from of her eyes.

"I'm only younger by 1 year, plus I'm older than Mabel." I rolled my eyes playfully

"By flipping 5 minutes bro!" Mabel butt in, glaring at me

We had this fight a lot

Completely unnecessary

"Whatever, I'll miss you! Text me everyday and tell me if you get a boyfriend ok?"

"Yes, yes I will" that was a lie.

After the multiple tear-filled farewells, i headed inside to be bombarded with the stench of sweat, feet and perfume that was definitely not supposed to spell like that. I took in the view, it was like any cliché high school, except, more poorly designed and furnished, whoever designed this must not have been payed much.

Suddenly, i felt a chest collide to me as i fell straight onto my butt and my books flying everywhere. I rubbed my head to be greeted with a boy, a hood pulled over his head of messy brown hair, some blue eyes visible on his face. Before i could examine more of his features, he ducked his head further down, picking both mine and his stuff up.