c h a p t e r f i v e

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, fuck Thomas." Kimora replies, her anger clear in her eyes.

"So that's the vibe now?" Kahlani asks with a knowing smirk.

"Fuck yeah, it always will be." Keyla says with a grin as Kahani and Kimora walk into the cafe.

Taking a seat in a secluded booth, the girls are automatically joined by a waitress to take their orders.

"Okay, so let's talk business." Kimora states once their order was taken.

Keyla and Kahlani then share a nervous look before one of them speaks up.

"You sure wanna talk about work? It's okay to take a br-" Kahlani is then cut off by Kimora.

"I'm sure, I need to feel productive. Lately I've just been hanging out with Mathieu eating my life away."

"You sure that's all you guys have been doing?" Keyla asks wiggling her eyebrows.

"Ew, you gross bitch. Mathieu is like a brother to me, don't get it twisted." Kimora says, her face scrunching into a face of disgust.

"Yeah yeah, that's what they all say, right Kahlani?" Keyla says towards the third party.

"I mean like, If I didn't have a man already I would hop my ass over to Mathieu in a heartbeat." Kahlani states, not even answering the question at hand.

Kahlani is probably the most put together out of them all. The 24 year old manager graduated college a year ago and is already hustling her and Kimora's way up to the top of modelling business.

"See Kim, you should hop on his french dick before someone else gets the chance to, a.k.a moi." Keyla says with a sly smirk.

"Yuck yuck yuck, enoughhhhh" Kimora groans, placing her hands over her face.

"You guys have known each other for years, how have you not gotten feelings for him yet?" Kahlani asks in disbelief.

"Because our lives are not some cliche movie or book! This is real life, that shit doesn't just happen." Kimora starts rolling her eyes.

"Now can we please get back to the problem at hand, I wanna get back to work." Kimora continued.

"Okay okay, let me double check our emails." Kahlani sighs, opening up her laptop and getting down to work.

"But while she does that... where's your man now?" Keyla asks Kimora, her chin in her hand.

"Mathieu is not my man"

"I never said he was." Keyla says with a smirk, causing a small smile to appear on Kahlani's face.

"Anyways, he's on a road trip. He'll be back in five days." Kimora sighs out.

"Aweee poor Kim, what are you gonna do without him?" Keyla teases.

Before Kimora could snap back with a snarky remark about how Keyla is thirsty for anything that has a dick, the waitress returns with their orders.

"Thank you" All three girls murmur as their drinks and pastries are placed in front of them.

"Okay, but back modelling gigs. How do you feel about Nike?" Kahlani questions with a smirk.

"Sounds perfect."

After a few hours of talking business and catching up with the girls, Kimora is finally back home.

Settling into her bed after completing her night routine, Kimora picks up her phone and spots a text from Mathieu.

From : mathiEW
I just got a stick to the balls.

From : kimorUGH
Congrats?

From : mathiEW
Thank you, thank you!
(I swear my balls are bruised)

From : kimorUGH
You have balls?

From : mathiEW
Yeah, wanna see? ;)

From : kimorUGH
Yeah, no....
I think I've had enough with texting you tonight...
(Goodnight, good luck with your game!)

From : mathiEW
Your loss, goodnight
(Facetime tomorrow?)

From : kimorUGH
I'll call you in the morning

From : mathiEW
I'll be waiting.

Kimora couldn't help but let out a small smile as she shuts off her phone and places it on her nightstand.

Shuffling deeper into her blankets, Kimora's eyes slowly shut, her smile never wavering from her face as she sleeps.

She can't wait till the morning.