c h a p t e r f o u r

Start from the beginning

"Shi-"

"Kimmy? Is that you?" A high pitched voice calls out.

Dressed in pink from head to toe, Thomas' little sister struts her way towards the two. Her bleached blonde hair barely moves an inch as she walks, her heals clicking on the cement with every step, and her large Louis Vuitton purse sparkles as the sun hits its jewels.

"What is that?" Mathieu whispers into Kimora's ear.

"My worst nightmare."

"Kimmy! It's been so long!" Thomas' sister, Aria, says as she pulls Kimora into a hug with her acrylic claws.

"Yeah, it has." Kimora replies through gritted teeth.

Pulling away from the hug, Aria turns her attention towards Mathieu.

"And who might this hottie be?" Aria asks, shamelessly eyeing Mathieu up and down.

Mathieu scrunches his nose at the bluntness of Aria. His skin fills with goosebumps, not because she's giving him the chills, but because she's making him cringe.

"Aria, this is my best friend Mathieu, Mathieu this is Thomas' sister, Aria." Kimora says, not caring that she let out an eye roll.

Mathieu's eyes widen at the realization of who's in front of him. Kimora has told him multiple stories about Aria. From Aria making fun of Kimora's weight, to saying Kimora wasn't good enough for Thomas, Aria has said it all.

"It's nice to meet you handsome." Aria practically purrs, moving to place her hand on Mathieu's arm, but he moves in a way she can't reach him.

"Nice to meet you." Mathieu says with a polite smile.

Aria choses to ignore the way Mathieu is acting and moves her attention back to Kimora.

"Kimmy, how have you been? I know Thomas has been thriving without you!" Aria states, her smile never faltering from her face.

Kimora's right eye twitches in just the slightest way that Mathieu caught the small movement. Mathieu's eyes widen knowing when Kimora's twitch, she's truly angry.

"Uh, sorry to cut this reunion short, but Kimora and I have got to get going. We're heading out for a bite to eat." Mathieu says, placing his hand on Kimora's lower back and rubbing circles on her to calm her nerves, something he's done to many times to count.

"Oh, alright! I guess I'll see you guys around." Aria says, turning around to leave, but not before she puts in one last jab.

"But make sure to watch what you eat Kimmy, don't want you to lose your figure." With that being said, Aria struts her way back into the little shop she was about to enter before she spotted Kim and Mathieu.

"You okay?" Mathieu asks his best friend.

"Never better." Kimora replies through gritted teeth.

"You su-"

"Let's just go home." Kimora snaps, walking back to her apartment complex.

With a sigh, Mathieu is forced to jog to catch up with Kimora's pace.

"Yup, nope! I'm going to stop you right there." Mathieu says grabbing a hold of Kimora's arm, causing her to stop her fast paced walk.

"What?" Kimora snaps, her eyes burning holes at Mathieu.

"I'm just going to ignore the fact that you're mad at me for doing absolutely nothing to you." Mathieu starts, a small smile creeping its way onto his face.

Kimora bites her lip to hide her smile because her hard headed self wants to keep her angry facade. Mathieu's hands somehow made their way onto Kimora's hips and Mathieu is bent slightly so he could look Kimora right in her eyes.

This isn't a knew feeling for Kimora. Ever since they were kids, Mathieu tends to do this when he needs to get Kimora's attention but she's ignoring him.

Growing up, Mathieu and Kimora hated each other. Ever since the day they met, the two were instantly enemies. But as the years went on, the two became best friends. Evidently, the two would get into a few fights here and there, but Mathieu found that getting a hold of Kimora by the hips was the best way to quiet her down.

"Now I need you to stop being petty, and I need you to cheer up so we can go get food. Can you please do that for me?" Mathieu continues with pleading eyes.

"I'm not hungry anymore, I just wanna go home." Kimora replies.

"Nope, that's not gonna happen."

"Oh yeah?"

"Yeah"

"Watch me."

Then with a challenging glare, Kimora pushes out of Mathieu's grasp and speeds her way back to her apartment. Before Mathieu could even process what Kimora just did, Kimora is already in the elevator of her complex, ready to get back into her bed.

After changing back into Mathieu's hoodie, the hoodie Kimora has yet to wash, and a few episodes of Game of Thrones later, the door bell rings.

Hesitantly, Kimora sits up from her spot on her bed and makes her way towards the front door. Upon opening the door, a small McDonalds bags lays at her feet calling her name.

Taking a quick peek down the hall, Kimora can't find the person who let it at her step. Picking up the bag, Kimora closes the door behind her before moving to her kitchen.

With delicate hands, Kimora opens up the bag to reveal chicken nuggets, fries, a small box, and a note.

Rolling her eyes, Kimora picks up the note with the all too familiar hand boyish scribble on it.

Never listen to what that blonde girl has to say to you. Eat what you want, healthy or not, because all that matters is what you think, not hers.

P.S, stop being mad at me stupid, I got you your favourite.

~Mat

A small smile has crept onto Kimora's face while reading the note. Not only did Mathieu get her McDonalds, but he also gave Kimora a gold Pandora crown ring.

A ring she's been wanting for years.

Then with her bright smile plastered on her face and her new ring on her finger, Kimora dug into the food she's been craving while chanting in her head,

Fuck Aria.