19

Loud music played through the speakers indoors. I stepped into the cold night air with my hands in the pockets of my jeans. Despite everything tears were still falling down my face eventually hitting the ground. I walked into the homey building and immediately felt refreshed in a way, sure I looked like hell on wheels with tears running down my red cheeks but besides that this place is what I know. I sat in my usual spot on the bar counter waiting for Jim to come.

After staring at my hands and crying more for awhile, a tired looking Jim strolled out of the kitchen stopping abruptly when he saw my state. He jumped over the counter and took my hands into his trying to makw eye contact.

I looked at his eyes, "What happened?" He asked gruffly.

I knew what he was thinking, I wasn't even this broken when Lilah commited but now that she's left she might as well be dead.

I shook my head, "Lilah left." I whispered, I could barely hear myself over the loud music.

One of the good things about Jim he listens, and grips onto each word, making it really easy to talk to him.

He nodded and gave me a hug, he went into the kitchen and brought me out a glass of water. I didn't argue and drank it in one go.

"A girl named Alex is coming to meet me here soon." I said bluntly stirring the ice around in my cup.

Jim raised an eyebrow as if to say is this a date. I immediately shook my head.

"God no Jim, my girlfriend for 5 years attempted suicide and then left me I'm not going on a date with this girl sure she might be really attractive and cute but it's nothing like that." I rambled rubbing my nose ans trying to stop crying.

Jim smiled and let out a small laugh, "Alright then."

He left to serve someone else as I sat on the barstool awaiting Alex's arrival. She burst through the doors about two minutes later and looked around.

When she spotted me she ran and enveloped me in a tight hug, almost knocking me out of the barstool. I hugged her back and let myself cry into her shoulder. She didn't even know me yet here she was, she must be insane. She pulled away after sometime and took off her black kind sweater as it was soaked at this point.

I laughed a little bit, "S-sorry." I said while wiping my tears.

She flashed me a kind smile, "no problem I really don't mind."

I turned back to the counter and began tapping the counter.

Alex spoke up, "I'm really sorry you know, I don't know what it's like being in your position but I've been in," She paused not knowing the name.

"Lilah." I said bitterly

"Ah, Lilah, I've been in her position before, it's really confusing and hard. Honestly I reacted in a way that wasn't much better than what she did but she may just be hurt, and upset. I'd give it some time." She said.

I found myself looking down at her wrists sure enough there were two large, bumpy scars on both wrists. I looked into her eyes and nodded again.

"Let's say you are right, and Lilah just needs some time, how do I get her back? I mean she's shy and not usually hostile but what she said today and did, was completely out of character." I muttered quietly.

Alex looked thoughtful, "Well, she'll either contact you and apologize, or she'll show up.at your house again. I'm not quite sure since I never went back and fixed what I broke." She said sadly.

That made me more nervous than before. What if she never came back? What if Lilah was gone forever? It wasn't possible, no way. I swallowed and let my eyes wander back to Alex's face.

"Let's do something fun ok?" I asked with a small smile.

She nodded.

Maybe tonight wouldn't be so bad as long as she was here to guide me through it. I called out Jim's name and smiled widely.