14

PETER

CHRISTMAS IS TOMORROW and I still haven't gotten Lara Jean a gift. I'm so bad at this, I should know what she likes by now. I know she likes books, and Korean products. I've given her both if these. I want to give her something bigger, something better than anything she's ever gotten for Christmas. There's only one person I can call that can help me out.

"Hello Peter." Kitty's voice comes in a serious tone. She can get scary if she want to be.
"Kitty, hey. I need your help."
"What do I get out of this?" She demands.
"Anything." I say desperate.
"I'm listening."

"YOU REALLY WANT TO surprise Lara Jean that way?" Kitty asks as we get into the mall.
"I want to give her the best present ever. Last year we had broken up, this year everything is different."

"I feel the breakup was because of Genevieve."
"Yup." I say and look around for something, anything really could do with Lara Jean, but I want her to feel special, the way she is to me.
"So, what do you have in mind?"
"I dunno Kitty, I'm afraid I will screw this up." I say as I grab a bear plush.
"If you keep acting as such you will and that bear won't do." She leaned on me. "Here's the plan."
I listened carefully and I'm amazed with the things this girl can come up with.