Chapter 1 The Fire

My name is Carol Well. I have long, straight, brownish ginger hair, and brown eyes. When I was little I used to live in a small village. I don't remember a lot but I remember I had a mom and a dad. I think I was five and I remember I had a brother named Jarod that was maybe ten or eleven. One night there was a fire and not just in our house but the entire village. I remember crying not knowing what was happening or where my parents were. I heard my brother calling me and running over to me. He was crying too but he told me to run away. I ran and ran. I don't know if Jarod made it but I have no idea if my parents were dead or not. I bumped into a lady she was my mom's childhood friend in the village and she knew me. Her name was Dahlia Breeze. She was carrying a basket full of cookies and she looked suprised to see me. She took me to a little house out in the woods and she raised me.

When I was about seven or eight I started to ask about how she found me and what she was doing in the woods. Dalhlia told me that she lived in the woods and when she was little and was in school with my mom they would always bring cookies to each other's houses so she baked some cookies for Jarod and I. She said that when she walked outside she saw smoke so she started running to the village and bumped into me.

Now I am 11 years old and I live with Dahlia, Steve her husband, and Clementine her four year old daughter. Steve works far away in another town so he usually comes home on weekends. I woke up, changed, and I went outside. I took Clementine outside with me and we played by the pond. We watched all the geese in the pond.