chapter 11 - let's run away together

Start from the beginning

she mumbled, halfway yawning.

"and finn?"

"yeah?"

"why are you being nice to me all of a sudden?"

millie grinned, staring up at me with her caramel eyes.

"because i realized i love you. life is too short to be a dick to the one you love."

"i really hope this isn't a dream, finn. but i love you too. i love you so much."

"if we're both dreaming, can i do something?"

i asked, my eye's stare lingering on her face.

"yes."

her eyelashes fluttered, staring up at my lips.

i leaned in, closing my eyes, lips grazed hers slowly and softly.

it was a gentle, pure kiss, that was full of longing and darkness.

"if i'm dreaming, finnie, i sure as hell don't want to wake up."

millie spoke against my lips, causing me to smile.

"me neither, mills."

[ millie's pov ]

__6:38 AM, later that morning__

finn and i trudged through the forest, running away from the house we were held captive in for over 24 hours, never looking back.

"finn?"

i glanced over at the teenaged boy i adored, who stared silently down at his feet while they trudged through the leaves.

"mhm..? what is it love?"

his eyes met mine for a split second, blushing at his choice of words.

"what now?"

"what do you mean?"

"finn. we can't just live in the woods. we aren't prairie dogs.
we can't go back to vancouver.
at least, not yet.
angela is probably PISSED at me. i didn't returned the night that it happened, and i've been gone for a day. if i told her that i had been kidnapped by the people that almost raped me, she'd call me an attention seeker, and say it was my fault.
iris, jacob, and romeo were definitely looking for us. they weren't finished with us before.
if we did go back, we wouldn't have any evidence to show the police. so, it would be a lost cause.
i'm not sure what to do."

finn furrowed his eyebrows, deep in thought.

after minutes, even hours seemed to fly by, he finally spoke.

"...then run away with me."

"w-what? finn, this isn't some action movie. it's not a good idea. we don't have money, good clothes- ..."

"well, these last few days were totally unreal. sooo it's kind of like an action movie. unless, you wanna make it a romance movie.."

finn winked, a smirk spread across his face.

"finn!!"

i hit his arm playfully.

"millieee!! just think about it. we could take what we needed until i could find a substantial job, and then we can pay for what we need! i want to spend the rest of my life by your side, miss brown. we can run to a nearby city, and then start a family maybe, in a few years."

"woah woah woah, lover boy. let's focus on right now.
we can't just take what we need. that's stealing. look it up. what if we get caught?"

"we won't.
and if something happens, we'll get through it.
together."

"god, finn. how could i say no to you?"

"you can't, miss brownie."

"shut up."

"you know i'm right."

"finn, shut up!!"