The ride felt like hell. The entire time I was nauseous and trying to keep down whatever my body was trying to throw up. My seatbelt felt like a restraint and I gripped it between my shaking fingers trying to keep myself together. One part of me knew I should call Ky or go to the hospital but I was angry enough to want to do this first.

All my emotions were simmering and by the time the car pulled into Mike's neighbourhood I was ready to boil over. 

I stumbled out of the car and walked up to Mike's house even though my feet felt like they weighed a thousand pounds. His house was a looming figure in the dark, feeling intimidating despite the fact the last time I'd been here it had been a place of refuge.  The cobbled pathway looked different from the last time, lined with seasonal flowers that probably didn't look creepy during the day.

I coughed wetly into my handkerchief, looking away from the blood,  folding and stuffing the fabric in my pocket. The rap of my knuckles against the door was loud in the silence. I rang the doorbell a few times for good measure. I couldn't tell why my palms were sweaty but my body was shivering.

There was a precarious moment when I thought no one would answer. But then, I heard several locks turn and the door creaked open.

"Derrick?!" Mike looked at me intently, eyes taking me in. A few tufts of hair stood up like he'd been sleeping. He was shirtless like he usually was when he slept, his new tan completely covering his upper body. His Adonis belt peeked out of his low rise pair of sweats.

I felt weak as I clutched the doorframe. "How could you do this to me?" I suppressed a cough, "I knew you were angry but casting a counter spell...What the actual hell?"

Mike's brows drew in confusion, "Hey, are you okay?" Was that concern? What kind of games was he playing?

I pushed past him walking into his beautiful home, with high ceilings, and pale walls and expensive furniture. My fingers came into contact with his bare chest, and he shivered.

"And- Why can't you wear a shirt like a normal person, it's fucking freezing." The words flew out of me like poison darts, acidic and pointed.

I staggered into the hallway, collapsing into a too comfortable arm chair.

My finger shook as I pointed at him. "When did you curse me? Was it after I came back from the hospital? Or after the first time you kissed me? Was everything just a fucking game?" My voice was shaking as much as my body. "Fuck. Just fuck you, okay?"

Mike put his hand to my forehead, his fingers satisfyingly cool against my skin. "This is another one of those magic fevers, isn't it? You're burning up." His face lost all its colour as he jogged to a closet and took out some downy blankets. He swaddled me in the sheets, patting me far too familiarly.

I muttered into the blanket, "You and your fucking Egyptian cotton sheets."

Mike looked at me with that weird expression again, almost lost. "Derrick, what happened? It's 3am and I was sleeping. Are you okay?"

"What?" I spat out. "Did I interrupt one of your conquests?"

Mike looked like I'd struck him, taking a step back as irritation flickered across his features. "No. There's someone I-" He looked down to his toes. "There isn't anyone but I wish there were." His eyes raised to mine.

I scowled, "I don't care." I said, even though I did. "Just un-curse me. C'mon- take out the ingredients, make the potion, say the magic words."

"I'm not good with magic, Derrick." Mike had stepped forward again fingers stroking my hair absently. Abruptly, he stopped as though remembering what we were to one another.