The Simple Feeling of Heartache

Start from the beginning

        “And dropping.” I mutter. The sheriff gave me a look.

        “But if we're talking Beacon County, then you're looking close to 50,000,” Sheriff sits down in his desk chair. “Look, how many werewolves, banshees, bivios, kitsunes and whatever the hell else is out there are we talking about? And what happens if the next cipher key uncovers not 12 names but 100?”

        “We don't think there would be that many. There's a limit.” Stiles starts.

        “Because of the names. We think that once we decode the names, they will add up to 117.” I finish.

        “117 what?” Sheriff inquires.

        “Million.” Scott responds.

        Stiles starts writing K's and M's next to names. “117 million dollars, Dad. Stolen from the Hale vault and being used to fiance all these murders.”

         “Someone who wants every supernatural in Beacon Hills dead.” Scott continues.

        “So the coded list goes out and somehow professional assassins get that list.” Stilinski says.

         “And a cipher key.” I add.

        “And then they go after the names on the list. They being killers with no mouths, tomahawks, thermo-cut wires that can cut your head off.” Stilinski says.

        Stiles shuffles through the papers. “Let me see. Carrie was stabbed. What's that mark?” Stiles asks.

        “We're not sure yet. We're waiting on the ME's report.” I pick up the picture and look closely at it, it looks familiar.

        “There's still one thing I don't get. How did this new assassin know about Demarco was going to be at the lake house?”

        “Everyone knows he delivers kegs to teenagers for a little extra cash.” I reply.

                “Ah. So whoever ordered that keg killed Demarco.”

        “Yeah, it was someone at the party.” Stiles replies.

        “A student.” Scott corrects.

                       =

        Listen to: Love me again by John Newman (Fits Emily and Derek)

Scott and I had a plan, for Derek to check out Liam. Derek broke a lacrosse stick Liam though was his. He growled and tried to attack Derek. We could hear the slamming and crashing. Whelp Derek pissed him off.

         I tried to glow my eyes but they just kept flickering in and out. I couldn't come up with a strong enough memory to trigger it. It was seriously starting to piss me off.

        “Em, what's happening to your eyes?” Scott questions.

         “I'll explain later. Let's focus on Liam.” I digress.

         “Liam.” Scott says. We come out from behind the lockers. Liam is shifted back and Derek is still holding him by his neck. “

        You're right. He is angry.” Derek drops him. I hold out Liam's stick. (ignore how that sounds) “This one's yours.” I say. Liam takes the stick. He sends a glare towards Derek. The bell rings.

        “Get to class Liam.” I dictate. He walks off. Me and Derek's eyes meet, we both quickly look away. This has been happening more and more.