Chapter One

*Present day*

Sam's Point of View

I was currently studying in my room while blasting music. "Ridin' Dirty" by Chamillionare was playing.

"THEY SEE ME ROLLIN'. THEY HATIN'. PATROLIN', THEY TRYNNA CATCH ME RIDIN' DIRTY. TRYNNA CATCH ME RIDIN' DIR-" My sorry excuse for singing was interrupted by my phone ringing.

I ran over to my doc where my phone was plugged in and read over the caller ID, "Le Very Scary Dino". I started giggling. Matt is a doof.

I know what you're thinking; but you didn't care for Matt when Morgan mentioned him to you. Yeah I know. But after he moved in and I got to know him, we became really close friends. We hung out all the time.

After about a year or so after Matt moved here, Carter had to move to North Carolina. Matt took it really hard. I always had to be there to comfort him and with that, we grew even more close... escpecially me. I developed major feelings for this kid. It was really awkward for me to be around him for a few months. I soon got over it, although, it is still a little awkward.

Okay back to the story.

I made sure everything was completely silent before answering my phone.

"SNUFFALUFFAGUS." I yelled into the speakers of my phone. I heard him scream like a little 6 year old girl and I started cracking up.

"HOLY SHIT SAM. YOU JUST BLEW UP MY EARDRUM. DON'T DO THAT AGAIN." He groaned. I thought it was rather funny. I could tell he was playing around because I could practically hear him smirking. Plus he was slightly laughing which, may I point out, is the single most beautiful sound in the entire Milkyway Galaxy.

"Sucks to suck. Well anyway, what did you call for? I need to study."

"O-oh. Um, w-what-t are you d-doing t-tomorr-row after sc-chool?" He sounded so nervous. It was cute.

Hold the phone. Did he just basically ask me out? SAM, YOU HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS MOMENT FOR 2 YEARS NOW. DON'T. BE. STUPID.

I took a deep breath. "Um, I don't think I'm doing anything. Why?"

I was nervous. But why was he nervous? He has never been nervous around me. It scared me.

"I-I was, uh, wondering if you, um, youwouldliketogotodinnerwithme?" He said those last words so fast he sounded like Eminem.

A/N

Props to you if you actually read that last word or words, I guess. I know I wouldn't have read it XD

A/N OVER

"What did you say, Matt?"

"Would you like to go out to dinner with me tomorrow after school?" He said this ever so innocently.

"I would love to." I had the most ridiculous grin on my face. I was beyond excited.

I heard him sigh in, relief, maybe?

"Oh thank god. I was thinking that you were gonna say no. Whoo. Okay, so what time should I come pick you up? How about 5:30? No wait, maybe 6:00? Nah, 6:30? No that seems too late. Yet 5:00 seems to early. So it's either 5:30 or 6:00, 5:30 or 6:00. You know what, you decide." He bantered on and on to himself. I wasn't even really listening to him. I zoned out after he said something about what time he should come pick me up.

There was a moment where no one said anything and then I realized I was supposed to answer him.

"Wait what?" I sounded so dumb and lost.

"Pfft. Gosh, do you ever listen child? I said, decide what time is best for me to come pick you up tomorrow." He sounded so annoyed and so anxious.

"Well damn. Take a chill pill boy. Just pick me up around 5:30."

"Ugh fine. You know something, you really grind my gears." He chuckled.

"That's the plan."

"Okay, so I'll pick you up around 5:30?"

"Yep. Well I guess I'll see you tomorrow."

"I guess so. I love you, Miller."

"I love you more, Espinosa."

I hung up and face-planted down on my bed. I hated how we ended phone calls. I know it's a friendly gesture, but I don't want it to be. I want more. I want him.

✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰

It was finally the day. Today was the day that Matt was taking me out. I was so happy like words can't explain how I felt.

It was about 5:00 and I was already done getting ready. I sat impatiently on the couch waiting for 5:30 to roll around. It seemed like centuries for one minute to go by.

I glanced at the clock to see it has just turned 5:30 and as I did, I heard a knock on my door. I walked to the door as calmly as I could. I wanted to run and jump all over the place.

I opened the door to be greeted by a very handsome looking Matt. He wore a maroon button down and a pair of khakis. He had on black Vans. His hair was perfectly quiffed. He held a single, blue rose. It was pretty adorable.

A/N

WHO DIDN'T KNOW THAT. MATTHEW ESPINOSA WEARING KHAKIS. HUH THAT'S NEW😏😏😂

A/N OVER

I looked up at him and smiled. He smiled back, his baby dimple showing. Gosh this boy messes me up.

"You look rather dashing this evening, Miller."

I blushed. "You look rather spiffy yourself, Espinosa."

Holy crap was that an understatement. He looked better than Zac Efron shirtless. Impossible you say? Nope because Matt just proved that wrong.

He grinned, took my hand in his, and guided me out to his car. When our hands made contact, it felt like 15,000,000 trees fully grew all at once in my stomach. It was magical.

We made it over to his car. He held open my door for me.

"You are such a gentleman." I joked.

"I know, no need to remind me." His smile was so cute. It was Ansel Elgort cute so you can imagine how adorable it was.

After he got in and started the car, we took off.

A/N

OKAY SO IMMA FANGIRL FOR A MOMENT. JACOB BAESIDES FOLLOWED ME ON TWITTER AND LIKED MY PICTURE. I POSTED A PICTURE OF SPRINKLES (OR JIMMIES WHATEVER YOU CALL THEM) AND THE COMPANY WAS DEAN & JACOB SO I WAS LIKE "IN CELEBRATION OF #perfectonyoutube I AM GOING TO MAKE CAKE POPS WITH THE TOPPINGS THAT JACOB MAKES WITH DEAN" OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT AND HE FAVORITED IT AND FOLLOWED ME AND I ALMOST FAINTED. I WAS HYPERVENTILATING AND SHAKING SO BAD IT WAS HILARIOUS. OH AND ALSO MUH BOY JACK JOHNSON FAVED ME ON MEOW CHAT AND I SENT HIM SOME MESSAGES AND HE READ THEM AND I FREAKED THE FREAK OUT MAN.

Well anyway XD. I hoped you liked this chapter. It was kinda boring but I promise that the chapters will get more exciting.

Stalk me on Twitter: @SOFTSERVEMATT

Karl Kucumber says bye and sorry for any spelling and/or grammar errors if any.

A/N OVER