I got out of bed and put on some pajamas. I smelled food and walke to the kitchen. "Is it done?" "Yeap..." I looked Jannah up and down and she looked not herself. "What happened?" "... *sighed deeply* same ole same ole." "You just need to stop tryin she'll come around when it's right." "What if it's never 'right'?" "Well then shit I don't know." I grabbed a plate and a cup of kool-aid. We sat on the couch and watched a movie on netflix while eating. When 7:00 hit I had to get ready for work. "I'm about to head to work." I said while stretching off the couch. "K." I got dressed, grabbed my keys and went to the door. "Lock up and don't leave too many ligh-" "Lights on. Yea I know Skye I'm good. Now go to work." she smiled and I walked out then headed to work.

The Next Morning

I woke up to a knock ok my bedroom door. "Really..." I got up and answered my door. My mama walked in and sat on my bed. "Goodmoning. "Mornin." "How you sleep?" "Ok until I was awaken." "I heard y'all going to the Caryone for Spring Break?" she looked a little sad. "Yea you coo with that right?" "I can't stop y'all from doin what y'all want..." I never heard her say that before and it got to me. I looked at her side ways. "Mama is it something you gotta tell me?" she looked up at me. "I'm goin to be gone for a while." my eyes shot open. "What do you mean!?" "I found someone and um he makes me really happy Skye." she seemed so happy but I wasnt. "Mama you can't just up an leave us like that." "I'll come visit-" "You said that before." She sighed then stood up. She kissed my forehead. "What's his name mama?" "Leo." "Mm." she walke over to the door. "I'll be gone by tonight." I shook my head and laid back down to try an sleep again.

Jannah

I woke up and went to the bathroom. Just stood there and looked in the mirror. I traced the scar I have that goes from behind my left ear to my mouth. People never ask about it which I'm fine with, but I'd rather have people ask than be talked about all the time.

*knock knock* "Jannah?" i opened the door "GoodMorning mama." she faintly smiled. "I'm be leavin today." I furrowed my eyebrows "Where to?" "With Leo and I don't know where exactly it's a 'surprise' I guess." "Mm. Like I'm supposed to know who that is." she never picked them right. Men I mean. "So how long you gone be gone?" "As long as I want to be." "Of course." I said under my breath. I tried walking past her but she grabbed my arm. "Look I know me an ya sister haven't been gettin along lately but that don't mean you gotta act the way you do." she said with an attitude. I snatched my arm from her "Why would you care anyway? Cause you act REAL funny towards me... you don't even give a fuck no more." "Ah! Watch ya mouth Jannah Chariece!" "Ima do what I want. I thought you ding care what I did, Helena!?" she looked down like I was supposed to have sympathy "Whatever dude get out my face." I rushed to my room and grabbed my phone then went in the front room. She always expect me to come crying back to her but I can't keep doing that when all I get in return is gettin talked bad to or smack across my face, or she gets drunk and she takes her anger out on me. I'm just done, she treated me differently just because she's upset with Skye about Rich.

I sat on the couch and started texting my Best friend Brianna.

Brianna Convo

Me:"I really don't know if I can take this anymore man fr. Now she talkin about leavin with some dude like I'm supposed to know who it is."

B:"Girl don't let that stress you she gone do what she wants to do."

Me:"I'm so tired of hearin that."

B:"It'll be ok." I threw my phone down. I didn't even want to talk to her anymore. I know she mean well but hearing the same things over and over again is irritating.

Skye POV

I woke up and looked at the time. "9:43am" I brushed my teeth and washed my face then tied my hair up. I walked back to my room and turned the light on. Pulled out some grey and black love sweats and a grey tank. I grabbed a blunt, my phone then left out. Jannah saw me and said "Where you goin?" "On a walk I'll be back later." "Ok." I closed the door and walked down the stairs and outside. As I walked I pulled out my blunt and started smoking. It feel good to just be alone sometimes and to clear my mind and all the bad and put in the good. I just walked and walked not even wanting to know where I was going I just walked. All the hurt from my pops, late night fights with my mom, stress with Rich just went numb for the time being.

I heard some body calling at me. "Aye! Ma hold up slow down! Skye!" I stopped and turned around confused at who it could be. I came face to face with Andre. "Damn you walk fast. Where you headed?" I shrugged my shoulders and took another hit out my blunt looking past him. "You smoke?" i looked at him and nodded. "Only when I'm stressed." "That's a bad habit ma." "Don't you think I know that Andre?" "My fault but what's wrong?" "Why you ask that?" "Uh you just said you only smoke when you stressed and you seem pissed anyway." I looked at him again then laughed. "Nothin I'm good." "Well yea it's obvious you don't want to tell me but if you ever need somebody to talk to, I'm here." I smiled "Ok." We was quiet for a minute then I spoke again. "Why you at not out kickin it?" "Gotta work. But I will tonight." "Work?" I looked at his attire and he was dressed in grey overalls that had oil on them. I looked over an noticed a car shop. "Yea I'm a mechanic." "Oh coo." He chuckled "Yea why you ain't "kickin" it?"Let me see your phone." I handed it to him. "Well I will late on actually." "What you got planned?" "Don't worry about it!" I said smiling. he smile back "Something with ya boyfriend?" "Nu uh I don't have a boyfriend anymore." he smiled agin but was looking at my phone. "Mm that's a shock. I mean you beautiful as hell what you men "anymore"?" I avoided the question trying to avoid bringing up Rich. When he was done putting his number in it I said "Aright see you around." He smirked "Ok see you later gorgeous." I walked away just set head over heels, just from talking to him he seemed so... coo I guess. Like he has true meaning and not just here to smash and leave but an actual friend.

I walked back home all happy. I walked in with a smile on my face and started being goofy and playing with Jannah. "Why you so happy!?" "I saw Andre!" she smiled. "Is that why you was gone for a hour?" "Shut the fuck up! I'm just playin." we started laughing at my high pitched scream. "Have you ate yet?" "Nope." "Let's go to I Hop or something." "Aright let me get dressed. I sat on the couch all happy and jolly.