"Boys, boys, please. The reason I love my female kind is because we're far more devious and intelligent than males. Now, follow me. We're taking my Jeep down to the hospital. I'm going to give you a run down of the plan and we're gonna follow it to a T. Is that clear?" She asked, putting her other hand on her hip and waiting impatiently for our response. I didn't hesitant much longer and nodded.

"Amber's right. She's been disobeying my parents since she came out of the closet. She's done this sort of thing before." I added, making Amber nod in agreement confidently. Storm stared at her for the longest time, looking reluctant before he sighed.

"Fine... But promise me we'll get Mark safe. I... don't want anything to happen to him." He said at last, making me look at him in surprise. His expression was so serious and concerned.

He really did love Mark.

It made my heart swell and ache at the same time. I was happy for Mark and Storm. Storm loved Mark enough to bend the rules, be them human or otherwise. Part of me wished I wasn't so cowardly and would break off my marriage to Storm, so I could be with Nicholas.

Nicholas, who hadn't talked to me since Friday night. I had a strong feeling he was angry with me and it just made me feel absolutely miserable.

Ugh, no. What am I doing? This is no time to be worrying about my sex life.

This is the time to worry about Mark.

Something was wrong and we were about to find out.

We piled into Amber's Jeep as she kicked it into reverse, sending us flying back as she did a spin and headed down the road. Storm gripped onto the door handle desperately, his other hand grabbing onto my hand hard enough to almost snap the bone, making me hiss past clenched teeth.

"Can you at least drive like a human?" I demanded in disgust, letting go of Storm's hand as he shook his out. Oh, yea, sure. His hand hurt. Amber smirked as she pressed on the gas.

"Whatever. Anyway, you two are going in. I'm going to hang back near the lobby, but act like I didn't come in with you. I haven't visited that ward yet, so none of the nurses there should know me. I'll hide somewhere near the ATM machine while you guys go in and do your thing. If anything goes wrong, I'll be right there for you. Keep your cell phone with you, just in case I need to call something in or vice versa. Think you two can handle that?" She asked as she turned a corner, heading for the hospital.

"Sounds simple enough." I admitted. Storm frowned, sitting back in his seat, but still gripping the handle tightly just in case Amber tried any more donuts on the road.

"I suppose... But, what could go wrong that would require your help? Not that you aren't useless," He added quickly when Amber raised an eyebrow, "I've never seen witchcraft don't so nicely. But, what I mean is, what situation are we getting into?"

"We'll know in a few minutes," Amber responded as she screeched into the hospital parking lot, making me grimace as my stomach churned and Storm grabbed my hand again, "Vampire and vampette, we have arrived." Storm and I peered out the window at the hospital.

It was huge and made of nicely chisled bricks and large windows looking into the main lobby and waiting rooms as well as other windows that went to the examination rooms. The emergency ward that Mark was stationed at currently was on the third floor in the left wing, which meant it was usually about five minutes until you reached it-- by elevator.

"What was that vampette comment about?" I demanded as we climbed out of the car and I cast Amber a sour look as she adjusted her beanie before flashing me an innocent grin.