Chapter Thirty Five

Start from the beginning

My stomach rumbles, bringing our kiss to a stop and I rest my hand on my bump. "Oh damn, I really am hungry. Let me cook us some pasta," I say.

He nods and we finally move from our position in front of the door, and I make my way to the bedroom. I get undressed and quickly shower, before sliding into my pyjamas. Within thirty minutes, I cook us a tomato and mozzarella pasta and we sit opposite each other at the small, intimate, table for two in the kitchen, in silence, simply enjoying our meals.

"I didn't even get to find out what it was that Rosie wanted," I then say as she suddenly pops into my thoughts. I take a sip of my drink before I continue, "It was her knocking on the door before Derek," I pause and swallow hard, "Before he shot himself."

"Yeah, I was wondering what she was doing here in the first place to have known what had happened," he says, "I wonder what she wanted."

"Probably you," I mutter as I stab my fork into a pasta piece, aware that I sound like a sulky teen, "I highly doubt she wanted to see me."

"Hmm," Damion murmurs and his brows are burrowed as if he's thinking.

"What is it?" I ask, clearing my throat in hope to sound unconcerned, "Have you been speaking to her of lately?"

"No," he says, "Last night was the first time I've spoken to her or even seen her since the time you guys had your little argument."

I roll my eyes at the memory and exhale as I put my knife and fork down. I rest my elbows on the edge of the table and I can almost hear my mother telling me to remove them because it's bad table manners, but I really don't care. I cup my chin in the palm of my hands and sigh. Rosie was surprisingly really nice yesterday. We didn't say much while we waited for the ambulance and the cops to come, but she did get a towel from the bathroom to try and stop Derek's wound from bleeding. Plus I didn't expect her to come to the hospital with me and wait for so long. I really appreciated it and I didn't even get to tell her thank you.

"She was really..." I pause trying to find the right word, "I don't know, it's weird but she was kind of nice and really comforting and supportive yesterday," I explain.

Damion doesn't seem surprised as he leans back in his chair and sighs heavily. "Well she's not all bad. She might seem like the white witch, but beneath it all she can be quite loving and thoughtful," he says.

"I didn't get to tell her thanks. I mean if she didn't come knocking, then things might have gotten worse. For all I know, I could have been the one to get shot," and I place my hand on my stomach, the thought sending shivers down my spine.

"Don't worry about it, I told her how much you appreciated her staying with you before she left." I nod and exhale and we change the conversation from Rosie to baby names. It's crazy that now that the baby's coming soon, he's all we end up talking out. I love it because it just makes me so much more excited to meet my little precious.

Ten minutes later, I'm doing the washing up when Damion says, "Thank you for dinner," and I hear his footsteps behind me and seconds later, he slides his arms around my lips and then rubs my stomach. "I'm such a bad boyfriend, look at me making you cook and wash up after you've just come out of hospital," he says, his breath on my neck.

I roll my eyes, "Yes you are," but I smile and tilt my head to the side, allowing him to press a kiss onto the nape of my neck, "But I'll let you off today, especially since I felt like cooking and I find washing up very relaxing."

"I'll do something nice for you tomorrow, I promise," he says.

He then quickly dips his hand in the soapy water and then flashes it in my face and before I can even gasp, he quickly runs away laughing like the big kid that he is.