Chapter 18: Everything That Could Go Wrong

Thank you guys for being so patient with me... I really appreciate it.
——————————
  Katakuri just can't stand this bullshit. He stops and lets out a deep breath. Everything is going south today. There's something wrong with him. Why's he letting himself get so emotional? Too expressive.
  His lungs take in some air, suddenly, the thought of making his move comes into his head. If Theon is here, then if Katakuri were to go to (Y/n)'s house, he could talk with her parents...? What is he trying to accomplish again?
  But he doesn't think, that's all he's been doing for the past week. He needs to stop and just act. Yeah, that's a great plan. He stops outside the door to her house, what was his plan again? Just act.
  He knocks on the door, maybe he should've bought a ring? No. Just act. Don't start second guessing now. (Y/n)'s dad opens the door, his face suddenly brightening as he looks up at Katakuri's face, "Katakuri! (Y/n) isn't here right now, she's out with Bubblegum."
  "Good evening, Mr. (L/N)," he smiles beneath the cloth. "And that's fine, I actually wanted to talk you anyway..."
  "Really? Well, come on in! I'll ask my wife to make us some tea," he walks away from the door, walking into the kitchen and talking to his wife before coming back out and sitting in the living room.
  "Pardon the intrusion," Katakuri follows him into the house and closes the door, then makes his way to the living room and takes a seat in the couch across from the older man. "Thanks for having me."
  "It's always a pleasure," he closes his eyes and smiles, (Y/n) takes after him when she smiles. They both close their eyes. "I haven't seen you around lately, is something the matter?"
  "I've just been avoiding (Y/n)'s fiancé. We don't really get along," he picks at his sleeve. He's starting to second guess himself now.
  "Yeah?" the (h/c)-haired man tilts his head slightly, "Well, I actually thought that you would be the-"
  "Here's your tea!" her mother comes into the room and when she sees Katakuri she smiles. Well, he can now guess that the closed eye smile runs in the family completely. "Katakuri! Did you get the wedding invitation? (Y/n) wanted to ask you personally if you'd like to be her Maid of Honor."
  The older man sends her a weird look but before he can say anything Katakuri jumps in, "Actually, that's what I wanted to talk to you both about."
  Both parents look at him, her mother now being the one with a weird look on her face, "About being her Maid of Honor?"
  "N-no, I want to..." he lets out a sigh. You're this far. Don't get choked up on your words. "I want to ask for (Y/n)'s hand in marriage, myself."
  They both blink, then look at each other, then back at Katakuri. Her mother gets up, helping her husband off the couch before they both make their way to the kitchen, "Give us a few minutes to discuss this."
  He sits there, finally taking note of the tea. He pours himself a cup and adds sugar into it before it dawns on him that they could come back any minute and see his mouth. Maybe this wasn't such an idea. He places the cup back onto the saucer.
  He has to remind himself to take deep breaths, for some reason his heart is racing. There's a sound at the door and the suddenness of it causes him to look at it. Bubblegum and (Y/n) enter and, upon seeing him, cease their conversation.
  "Katakuri, we've made up our mind," her father comes out of the kitchen, and stops when seeing his daughter. "Honey... we weren't expecting you back so soon."
  "Well, I'm being mindful of my spending because the wedding is coming up," she says, eyeing the two males. "What's going on here?"
  "You crashed our party," Katakuri leans back onto the couch, reciprocating the look she's currently giving him. "We were just discussing how your mom told me that you wanted me as your Maid of Honor when I came here."
  "But Bubble is gonna be my Maid of Honor. You can still be a bridesmaid... if you want?" she tilts her head, confused as to why her mother said that.
  "I'd prefer to be called a bridesbutler, thank you. And I'm pretty sure that I'm not going to be allowed to attend considering I met your fiancé again today at the flower stand and we exchanged some heated words," he nods slowly. "I just came here to tell you guys that and I hope that you can plead my case. Mr. (L/n), call me with the news, yes?"
  Katakuri waits for her father's cloud of confusion to dissipate before he stands up and give the girl's a curt nod, "Thank you for having me over, I'll be taking my leave."
  Everyone in the room watches him as he leaves, he shuts the door behind him. That was a close call. Everything that could've gone wrong... just did. He lets out a breath he didn't know he was holding. Katakuri looks around, making sure that Theon isn't around before he walks back to his house.

-Chapter 18 Everything That Could Go Wrong End-