(6)

"Tea?"

I'm asked, and raise my head to see William staring down at me with a rather cocky smile. He's proud of course, proud of what I've become and more importantly, who, I've become.

He wears a big coat, one that is a few sizes too big. With eyes narrow and small, he reminds me of one of the lizards we would run away from that time mum and my sister went to America to see Aunt Jane. His nose is crooked, and too big for such a small face. He's skinny, and has to be two decades older than myself. He wears too much cologne to mask the strong scent of whiskey. His skin is transparent, and the little bit of hair on his head is a bright white. His teeth are yellow, and he's got a scar on his face that would scare away kids. It's in the shape of the letter u, and it runs around his eye, craving into his eyebrow and stops at the bridge of his nose.

I sit with my legs crossed, my hands in my lap, I nod my head. Looking back down to see him begin to fill my tea cup with a dark brown tea. I put my hand out to tell him that's enough, but he doesn't stop.

"It's good tea, dear." He tells me, smirking. He flashes the single silver tooth to me, and I remember those teeth. I remember his smirk too. He's an unholy and dark human being.

I remember that tea, filled with an unscented drug that made me so weak and numb. I press my lips together once he's finished filling my glass up, and slowly bring the teacup to my lips. I don't take a sip, as my lips are pinched shut. The liquid burns my lips, but it is worth it, because William heads back to his seat. Thinking I have had some, William gives me a rather cunning smile.

"I was astounded to hear that Tommy was still alive." He sounds cool, like he's talking about today's weather. "To see him, alive."

It scares me how neutral he is, as he speaks of such a horrible thing.

I stare at him, watching as this man who is clearly much older than me, stares at my bare legs in hunger. A lust so noticeable, I pull down my nightgown, wishing Tommy was here.

Clearing his throat, he continues, "I was even more astonished to hear that the lad didn't kill ya." He cocks an eyebrow, examining my reaction.

I open my mouth, staring at William before turning my head quickly. "He told me he was going to wait until you came back..." I whispered. "Then he was going to kill you, and then me." I sound like the worst liar! Fuck. Putting my hands in my lap, I quickly look down at my fingers that shake uncontrollably, I swallow, commanding myself to calm down. But my heart beats out of my damn chest.

"Why didn't you kill him-"

"Because I-" my voice is timid, why didn't I kill him?

"Because what?!" He leans in, before slamming his fist against the small coffee table between us. "Damn it!" He grits his teeth together. "Why couldn't you just fucking kill him! He was right there!"

"I-"

His hands somehow reach for me and before I can even think, the hot tea spills over my body and grabs my neck. Pulling me into him, I'm leaned over the coffee table between us, eye to eye with William.

"Do you want to go back in chair?" He snarls. "With the headphones on!"

I shake my head, "No, William." My hand latches onto his wrist. "Please." There is an urgency in my voice. I squeeze my eyes shut, feeling the air being sucked out of me.

He's quick to let go, but gives me a shove. He regrets leaving me be, but as I fall back into my chair and look at him, he recollects himself before reaching for me tenderly.

"I'm sorry, baby," he coos, running a hand through his thinning hair.

I flinch when he gets closer, knowing I need to escape and push the chair back to stand. "I have to clean myself up."

He freezes before nodding. "The bathroom is not far from here." Calmly, he looks away before reaching for his box of cigarettes. He waves me off, and I take the moment to leave the abandoned makeshift home.

I squeeze my hands into fists before hurrying off to the restroom, I'm sure to open up every door to make sure there is another place I can escape from.

Thankfully, the last door I open is one to the bathroom, and I am quick to enter it, shutting and locking the door behind me. I look around the small and smelly room, my heart lunges out of my chest until I see it. A window so tiny but small enough to fit my body shines through with light.

I hurry to the toilet and stand on the seat, but my height defies me, I can't even fucking reach the window even if I wanted to. But I get on my toes, nearly slipping into the stained toilet and poke my head through to see that we are in fact in a wooded area.

"Fuck." I whisper before looking around quickly, but there is no other way for me to escape. I've been to the other rooms, this is the last one. "Fuck." I sink to the floor and cover my face with my hands. My eyes shut as a tear rolls down my cheek.

Fight Cecilia, he tells me, calm but aggressive, you need to fight. You're useless if you just sit here and do nothing.

I shake my head, trying to get his voice out of my head. "I can't." I mumble.

A knock sounds at the door just as I sniffle, "Cecilia?" William calls. "Almost done, baby?"

Baby. I get up to stand and flush the toilet before opening the door to see him grinning at me. He holds his hand out, and I am quick to take it, smiling at him.

"Yes." I reply, smiling.

Playing the fool hasn't killed me yet, so I continue doing this. His hand in mine doesn't feel nearly as good as it did when Tommy held me this morning. We walk to the place we once sat at, and this time we are accompanied by two men in black. They don't acknowledge me, and they carry big guns. Guns that make me a bit hesitant.

"They're my people," William tells me proudfully, "They won't hurt you, baby.."

Nodding, I swallow, making my way the my chair, but as we walk towards the table, the sound of gunfire erupts and just like I heard Tommy's voice in my head, I hear him again.

"Get down, Cecilia!" He shouts as the familiar faces of the Peaky Blinders bust through the door, it's a full shootout, and I do as I am told and get the fuck down.