01. Broken Vending Machines and Weird Fetish's

Start from the beginning

I didn't know, I didn't know my own name.

"No." I whispered. This feeling of terror filled my veins.

"I-I can't remember anything!" I say more urgent.

I sit up quickly, which was a bad idea because my head started to spin and I laid back down again. "We thought that this would happen, it appears as you hit your head pretty hard, and you lost a decent amount of blood through the wound in your shoulder." She said, before pointing to the white bandage on my left shoulder.

"But the good news is, we do know your name. Somehow you managed to keep your iPod on you, and you still had it here when a local drove you in, said that they found you in the middle of an empty parking lot. Your name is Persephone, quite beautiful if I do say so myself." My head was still pounding and I just really, really wanted to go back to sleep and escape this very moment.

"What happened?" I whisper barely, but she heard and I don't know if that's a good thing or not.

"You got a concussion, and there seemed to be a bullet scrape on your shoulder, but thankfully it didn't go through your shoulder. You got various cuts and bruised on your legs, but those will go away without any scars. You sprained both of your wrists, but honestly nothing major aside from the concussion that you should be worrying about, honestly, you should be thankful. But it seems as you are suffering from amnesia, we can only pray that you will get your memories back, for some people it takes about a week, other, years." I could feel tears brimming my eyes. And Melissa noticed too because she brought me into a hug, professionally avoiding my shoulder.

"You're okay now, you're safe. Everything is going to be alright. But for now, you should get some rest, relax until we can fully examine you and find out what to do from there." She said, her hand running up and down my back in a motherly way and I couldn't help but think that she had a kid by the way she was acting so well with me.

"Okay." I whisper back, before lying back, with my head on the pillow. She smiled once more before leaving the room, leaving it opened just a crack.

After a few deep breathes to keep myself from breaking down, I had managed to stop my tears and slow my rapid, scared heart. There was a small t.v that I decided to turn on to some random old black and white show. A loud bang erupted, along with the sound of shattering glass. I knew that I should just stay here and continue watching my show in the safe little zone of my little hospital bed, wrapped up in a blanket, but curiosity got the best of me like it does to everyone. I slowly inched up and my feet met the cold linoleum floor. I tiptoed to the door, but before I could even investigate a sound that made my blood run cold appeared in the air. A loud, shrill scream came from the room next to me, and if I was right it would be the bathroom. "Lydia!" I heard a guy yell, then louder, "LYDIA!" I swung the door open then followed all the people that ran into the room.

I was thankful to be wearing a full hospital gown instead of the one that just ties in the back, that would have been highly embarrassing. I scurried over to the room and could hear my nurse, Melissa say "What the hell just happened." Melissa, along with a man, and a young boy that looked about 16 stood in the bathroom, looking at the now empty shower which I presumed this Lydia person was still suppose to be in.

"What happened?" I asked, which caused all three of them to jump and quickly turn around toward me.

"Persephone! You shouldn't be out of bed!" Melissa scolded me. But I ignored her. "What happened? Why did someone scream?" I asked again, my nurse shook her head before gently taking my arm and leading me out the room, but not before I saw the boy that was in the bathroom looking at me in curiosity.

On our way to my room I saw a tipped over vending machine in the hallway, which must of been the bang sound that caused me to get up. Melissa tucked me into bed, reminded me to get some rest before closing the door behind her. But I guess that I wasn't a person to leave something unsolved because I got up once again.