"This seems to work on the wounds, so..."

"Loki, I don't know if I'm comfortable with this. You said so yourself. You could die. How is this any better than Fury transferring you? It's just as painful, if not more s-"

"Because this is my choice." Loki interrupted quietly. "I'm fine with this. Really."

He didn't sound fine. He sounded scared. I felt a wave of guilt wash over me. I didn't want to do this. So that's what I said. "I don't want to do this."

Loki rolled his eyes. "You're not doing anything. Just sit there and listen." He patted the spot next to him on the bed and that's when I noticed that his hands were shaking.

I thought I wanted this is what I wanted. To keep my job, to make Fury proud. But I was quickly realizing I didn't. For the same reason I didn't want to torture the information out of him. I felt sick.

Once I was sitting on the bed, Loki told me to give him a second. He walked out of his room and into the kitchen. He returned holding a book.

I furrowed my eyebrows. It was the book about Norse Mythology, the one where he wrote on every page...except one. My stomach felt like I was falling into never ending void. I felt so sick.

He opened the book and turned to a page. To my surprise, I saw that he hadn't flipped to the page on Sigyn. I let out an involuntary sigh of relief.

The relief washed away instantly. Loki had flipped to a page with the picture of a person that wasn't quite normal. They had long, blonde hair and pale white skin. But their most distinctive features were their cloudy, all-white eyes and razor sharp teeth. My heart started to pound. I vividly recalled walking out of my room with Loki looking exactly like one of these creatures.

Demons of the nine realms was the title of the page. Underneath the picture of the creature was a subheading that read Anheng. I wasn't sure what that meant.

Under the title Anheng was several different pictures of necklaces with names. Brann, Luft, Havbølger, and Jord were a few of the names. I didn't know what those meant, either. They clearly weren't english names

On the next page, there was a large picture of a threatening black sword that radiated power through the page. The title read Hemmelighetsverden.

I glanced at Loki. He was staring at me, gauging my reaction. I was confused. Half of this wasn't even in english. Part of me was desperate for Loki to explain, but most of me was afraid of what would happen if he did.

The book was on both of our laps, but he moved it onto his and began to flip through the pages again. I wondered if he was going to flip the page about Sigyn. But why would he?

But, to my relief and disappointment, he ended up just closing the book and placing it on the bedside table.

Loki drew a staggered breath and began to speak. "When I got back to Asgard with Thor I talked with Odin. He took my power and my immortality and sent me to Midgard quite...violently." When I looked at him, confused, he elaborated. "I quite literally fell from the sky. I fell into the ocean. I was at least 200 feet in the air when I woke up. I passed out again before I hit the water. Odin wiping my immortality, draining my power, it completely deprived me of any energy I had."

Loki paused. He was obviously nervous about continuing. "So when I woke up again, I found myself completely surrounded by those demons in this huge room. There was no natural light at all. After a while, I found out we were under...water." He had flinched as he said the residing location of the creatures. I felt my heart give a small jolt at the first sign of his pain.