"Don't...don't lie to me. You can't. I'm the god of lies. I know when you're lying." He pulled away from me, looking angry and disappointed.

I felt a smile grow on my face. I leaned close to him, cupping his cheek again in my hand. "I'm not lying." I said with sincerity. He blinked and searched my eyes. I wasn't tired anymore, and I wasn't annoyed with him for waking me up. "Will you forgive me for what I said yesterday? Please?"

"Yeah," He whispered, and I smiled. He was very close, and I suddenly felt my breathing hitch. I pulled away, and he bit his bottom lip. Now I was staring at his lips, which made me blush.

"Good," I said eventually, "You should probably go to sleep." Again, I saw a hint of fear flood his gaze. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing. I'll go to sleep. Good night." He gave me a small grin. I returned it hesitantly, not believing his promise for one second.

"Alright. Good night." He hadn't moved when I left the room. I assumed he wouldn't get a wink of sleep once I'd left.

I couldn't sleep that night, either.

Climbing from my bed the next morning, I was exhausted. The fatigue I felt was nothing to the way Loki looked the next morning. He was a walking zombie. His eyes were bloodshot, with large, dark circles under them. He kept yawning, and he was moving slowly, shoulders drooping and feet dragging.

Despite that, when I walked out of my room, he smiled at me, which I returned quickly.

"Did you sleep?"

Loki hesitated but eventually shook his head no. I nodded. At least he was being honest.

"You looked completely exhausted. Why aren't you sleeping?" He shrugged. So much for honesty. "Loki..." I pressed.

After a second he spoke. "I get dreams. Memories, more like. Of what happened after Odin sent me to Midgard." He shook his head. "It's been those memories for several nights, now, and I can't take it anymore."

"Loki," I said calmly. "You're going to have to sleep eventually. You'll wear yourself out." You are wearing yourself out, I wanted to add.

"I know," He said, walking up to the fridge and opening it. "I'll just wait until I have to sleep. When I don't have a choice."

"Oh, come on," I said, jokingly annoyed. I closed the door of the fridge so he was no longer sifting through my food. By doing that, he was standing right next to me, very close. I felt my heart give a little flutter. I took a step back. "How about you take a nap on the couch. I'll sit on the chair, so if you have a bad dream, I'll be right there-"

"Look, I'm not a little kid that needs-"

"Loki," I said his name calmly, and that was all it took.

"Fine," He sighed and headed over to the couch where he crashed. It only took about five minutes for him to be in a deep sleep.

I picked up the book he was reading and almost laughed out loud. It was a book on Norse Mythology. I did not remember getting this book, but I didn't think much of it. So I had a book on North Mythology. So what?

I began to flip through the pages, curious about what Loki thought of it. Every page had writing on it. He mostly wrote on the pictures, I soon realized. On a picture of Thor, he drew a mustache and glasses that looked extremely silly and did not match Thor's attire at all. On a picture of Odin, he just put a large X over his face. When I got to the section about Loki, I saw that every page had a large 'NO' written across it in red. I bit my lip to keep from laughing. He clearly was not enjoying the details the book had written about him.