SIXTEEN

Monday

Monday. November 9th, 2015. 11:45pm.
• • •

The crowd was large, and reporters were eagerly awaiting his arrival. Getting here was easy and getting through the crowd was even easier. They had parted like the sea at the sight of me. I held my head high and ventured to the front, ignoring the whispers and the stares. I flashed my Daily Planet ID to the officer at the front, and he told me there was no need, he knew who I was. Everyone knew who I was.

The vibration in my pocket caught me off guard, and I pulled out my phone.

"Hello?"

"Annie, where are you?" Lois asked.

"I'm at the capital. I can't get in. What's going on?" I could hear her quick breathing, "Are you running?"

"I'm coming to you. I have information you and Clark need to hear." In the background, she was cursing under her breath, and there was a low murmur of the train and people speaking around her.

"Information? What information?"

"Just wait there. I'm almost there."

"Lois. Tell me, if this has something to do with this trial you need to tell me."

She sighed, "Luthor orchestrated the desert raid. He knew Superman was going to show up. The bullet was made to kill him, Annie, you have to tell him. He didn't do anything wrong; he was framed from the beginning." She sputtered and in hushed tones.

She then hung up, and I looked at the phone, startled. To the right of me, an older lady with white hair and a gummy smile was watching me with interest. Luthor was behind all of this? It would make sense as of why he's suddenly so interested in me and why I was invited to the party. But why target Superman? Was he planning to show the world that Superman was no God by shooting him the bullet? I frowned and turned my attention to the sky when all the reporters began to stir, and their frequent flashes started to go off. A dozen anti-superman supporters and his fan club, The Kryptonians, began to holler at each other and at him.