Chapter 2: ...Well Not Really

I arrived at Alix's house at around 6:30. As I arrived Alix started walking out. "Well someone's up early." She said. I replied, "I only woke up early because my annoying little pest of a brother doesn't have any common decency.".

"What did Adam do this time?" She asked.

"He set my alarm clock 3 hours early so I would wake up and not have any chance of falling asleep." I answered.

"Ooh, that's brutal." She said. I replied, "I know right." I started thinking about how Alix has always been there for me, ever since we were 5. We had the same kindergarten class, and she would always stick up for me against Jermaine Smith. I really hated Jermaine.

All of a sudden, I got snapped out of my daze as I saw the school bus pull up. We boarded the bus and ended up at school a few minutes early. I decided that I would head to the school's library to find a quick book.

The library had been my safe haven since, well, forever. I loved the feeling of putting yourself into the character's shoes. I had developed that love ever since I was about two, and would read my baby books over, and over, and over to my mom. My mom saw how much I loved reading, and guessed right then and there, that I would end up a nerd. Which, I totally am.

After arriving at the library, I noticed Alix and a few of our other friends sitting in a corner whispering quietly to each other, and occasionally laughing at something I couldn't hear from where I was standing.

I walked over to them and noticed that the people there were: Alix, Ella, Mary, Gavin, Jack, and Xander. Jack noticed me coming over and said, "Hey Allie, it's been awhile," Alix responded to him by saying, "Yeah, if by awhile, you mean yesterday. Remember, we all went to the movies?" He blushed and looked away from her. It was really obvious he had a crush on her. Well, obvious to everyone except Alix.

Then Ella tried to explain some details about her party on Saturday. However, I was distracted by something else. I could just barely hear a slight noise coming from the wall parallel to us. It was a very small, squeaking sound. I felt as if I heard it before. A long time ago.....

Before I even had time to think, the wall where the squeaking came from fell and broke into pieces of rubble. I heard Mary shriek as my friends fell to the ground from the impact.

But that wasn't even the worst part.

Through the shattered remains of the wall, stepped a man. Well, not a man, not fully actually. The creature had a man head, but the body looked like a giant snake. The man slithered forward to me, and I could just tell that he wasn't happy with me from the look on his face.

His tail formed a giant fist and started to pull away from me. I cringed and shrunk back, waiting for the impact of the fist, but it never came.

I looked up only to be blinded by a bright, white light.
___________________________
Hey guys, it's me. Well I finally put the new chapter up. Sorry for the delay. I've been soo busy lately, and I couldn't think of what to do for this chapter. I promise, I'll get better at updating. Sorry if it seemed a little rushed at the end, I'm just super tired and want to sleep. Remember, if you like this chapter, VOTE. Stay beautiful loves.

~AJ