It wasn't really a surprise to Nathan to wake up and realized that James and Nadine were gone.

He chuckled a bit and shook his head.

But then, they do deserve the alone time. So he decided to just take out his phone and play. He can't leave his charge--who was still fast asleep, anyway.

--

James and Nadine did come back after about two hours, windswept and looking like happy and excited kids.

By then, Dianne had already woken up. The lovers had shared they went horseback-riding.

Nadine had invited the group to have snack outside and away from the helpers--so James and Nathan can join them.

After their quick snack, they went to the strawberry fields where they had fun picking and tasting the strawberries. Then to the vineyard and the wine cellar. They took a couple of bottles for their celebration of Nadine's birthday the next day.

And then soon, it was time for them to go.

Nathan had drove them to the venue and then excused himself, saying he had to make some arrangements. Nadine was pretty sure it was regarding where they would be staying--James still hasn't told her exactly where, saying it's part of his surprise.

James came with them to the backstage for a while and watched as Nadine prepared. When it was nearing for the program to start, Nadine had told James to go to his seat in the audience. (Of course, there were reserved seats for him and Nathan.)

But just as James was about to go, Nadine's fans had came to the backstage with gifts for Nadine. James wasn't able to go out and so had tried to just be inconspicuous in one corner of the dressing room as Nadine entertained her fans.

Nadine was hoping her fans would assume James was just one of her bodyguards. She was also careful when they asked for photos and made sure James wouldn't be included in any of them.

The fans had brought Nadine a birthday cake and bouquet of roses, and had sung her Happy Birthday. And then finally, they went out.

James let out a relieved sigh. He had quickly said his goodbye to Nadine and gave her a peck on the lips then went out himself, before anyone else came.

Nathan was already in his seat when James arrived. And in just a little bit, the program started.

It wasn't James's first time to watch Nadine's fashion show but it felt somehow different this time. Unlike the first times, he actually had a reserved seat upfront now, and wasn't hiding at the back of the auditoriun. It felt nice to be welcomed. To not have to be invisible.

The host introduced the first set of clothes: sundresses. And one by one, models walked through the runway, giving their own poses.

There was another set and James and Nathan watched, patiently waiting for Nadine's turn.

It was the third set, and James was hoping Nadine would come out now. He doesn't really understand much about fashion shows or fashion in general, he just wanted to see Nadine enjoy herself.

Fortunately, he didn't have to wait long, the last model to go out the runway was Nadine, wearing a silver gown that hugged her curves. Suddenly there were loud applause and cheers. And James noticed the same group of girls--Nadine's fans in one side of the auditorium screaming excitedly for her. James smiled and joined the applause, all the while watching Nadine.