Ch.3 It Begins

Chapter 3

In an instant John is in the air, me clinging onto his back out of pure fear. It feels like the whole world is in slow motion right now, as if we're in a movie. We land with a hard oomph, the wind knocked out of us both, most air coming out of John, as he was carrying me on his back the whole time and I landed on him. At least he cushioned my fall.

We instantly get up,not waisting a single second. John suddenly takes off his hat and throws it into the raging river below in the massive ravine we just barely jumped over.I ask,"What are you doing?",and he responds,impatience in his voice,"Throw something into the river,they'll think we fell down and continue searching the other way!".Sometimes he surprises me with his smart ideas.I do as im told,throwing one of my shoes into the waters below.

As I do that,John suddenly yanks me into a nearby hedge with him.Before I have the chance to ask him what he's doing,he puts his hand on my mouth and says,"shhhh.They're here".I peaked over the edge of our hiding place and saw,to my horror,what he was referring to.The guards of the village.The things that keep the people of the village in fear every second of the day.The griffins.