Airbender Tattoos

I stood outside of the temple. The warm breeze tickled my skin. I looked out at the bay. The water reflected the sun set in the most beautiful way. I looked out to republic city and all the city lights were on. The perks of living on Air temple island was that the sunsets are beautiful in the evening.

The airbender recruits were still here and the avatar was still recovering from the fight with the red lotus. I remembered back to last week when I got my airbender tattoos. It was such an amazing feeling. I couldn't believe I was an airbender master at this age. Everyone on the island is proud of me.

I stood outside and looked at the sunset some more. I heard footsteps. It was probably one of the acolytes coming to tell me I should head inside. I turned around and saw Kai walking towards me.

"Kai!"

"Hey Jinora.. Whatcha doing out here?"

"I'm just looking out at the sunset. Beautiful isn't it?"

I turned to the sunset and looked at it with Kai.

"It's really pretty" Kai said

I looked down at my hand and looked at the new tattoos I had. I ran my finger over the back of my hand. Kai noticed the movement and looked at them.

"Hey can I see your new tattoos?" Kai asked

"Sure."

He began to run his hand along my arm.

"Wow, I guess you are really a master now. I think your dad gave in to the fact that you aren't a little kid anymore!" Kai said.

The color pink flooded his cheeks because he was touching me. He put his hand on the top of my head. My hair was pricking up and I was going to grow it out again.

"You really shaved your head?"

"Yeah. You are gonna have to shave yours soon you know!"

"I know. When I master air bending I'll have to shave it off too. Are you gonna grow your hair back?"

"I'll probably grow it out. I miss my hair already!"

Kai didn't say anything. He looked out at the sunset. I looked at him with concern. After a while he decided to speak.

"Jinora, I gotta tell you something."

"Anything. What is it?"

"I... I love you Jinora."

His face was covered in red. I could tell he was embarrassed. I immediately hugged him. I whispered into his ear "I love you too Kai." I looked in in the eyes and his eyes were so dreamy looking. We slowly leaned closer to each other. I looked at his lips and at his eyes. He gave me a signal that I could kiss him. I finally kissed him. It was a soft tender kiss. We kissed for about a minute until we parted. I put my head on his shoulders. It was my first kiss.

"Wow." I said

"Wow is right."

We both looked out at the sunset together. It was so romantic. It was like in many romance novels. It was just do romantic. But my dad had to ruin the moment.

"JINORA?! Jinora where are you?"

Me and Kai both looked at each other in shock. It was probably my dad looking for me.

"Kai I have to go. My dad is looking for me."

I quickly kissed him again and ran off. I quickly looked back and saw that Kai was smiling because of the kiss. I followed the sound of my father's voice. He looked relived when he saw me running towards him.

"There you are! It's time to get ready for bed. Oh by the way I'm also looking for Kai. Have you seen him?"

"Umm. No I haven't seen him since dinner." I lied

"Okay. He will probably show up soon. I hope."

I giggled and ran back to my room. I changed into pajamas and got into bed. I slept well knowing that Kai loved me back.