Chapter 22 - "Climax"

Start from the beginning

Draiz: "What?!! Arufaz is not from this world?! He was sent here to house the body of the previous 'Great Demonic End Dragon'?! And, he's fighting his brother up in space?!! And, these meteors are just aftershocks from their battle?!!"

Heione: "Not just meteors. Volcanoes, earthquakes, floods, everywhere in the world is experiencing aftershocks from their battle."

Rayla: "Arufaz..."

Draiz: "I have to go help him!"

Heione: "Don't bother. If you couldn't even handle that one meteor, you'll never be on par with their level. Even I myself, see them as a height I can never reach."

Rayla touches Draiz's claw.

Rayla: "Just believe in him. Like you said, he'll be back."

Draiz: "Grah. It's frustrating not being able to do anything."

Heione: "I know that feeling all too well, child."

------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, Aster finally arrives in a space that seems to be a collection of endless doors to other parallel worlds. He makes his way around, but with little to no luck in finding who he's looking for. He distances himself straight ahead with just his gut guiding him around the place. You could say he's just wandering around.

Straight ahead, a portal opens up, and Aster heads straight to that general direction. A man pops out of it. He looks like he's still in his early 30's, but who knows how old he really is. Unlike Aster, who's wearing a white robe and a tunic, this man is wearing casual pants, jacket, and t-shirts. He's so modern. He sees Aster head his way.

Aster: "I've been looking all over you! Where have you been?! What were you doing?! Our world is ending right this very moment! Knowing you, you should've known about this already, Infiniti."

Infiniti: "Hahaha! Sorry, old friend. To tell you the truth, I didn't even know about our apocalyptic situation until you mentioned it just now. You see, I was-..."

Aster: "Enough of that, now. Come. Make up your negligence of the matter with your efforts on the battlefield."

Aster opens a portal but Infiniti grabs his shoulder.

Infiniti: "Allow me. This is my domain, after all."

Infiniti closes Aster's portal and opens another one of his own.

Infiniti: "This should take us straight to your so-called battlefield."

Aster was in no mood for humor and makes haste in entering the portal hurriedly. Infiniti simply followed him afterwards and the portal closes.

------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, Arufaz's battle with his other half continues to take place high in the Thermosphere. The end is near and both sides have used up a lot of their energy in battle. Despite the body still in perfect shape, the mental exhaustion Arufaz is experiencing is severe. He wishes he could sleep. He definitely deserves a long nap from all his efforts to subdue his so-called other half.

Nero: "Whoever you are in there, you do not deserve that body! Give me back my brother! Together, we will end all life in existence!"

Arufaz: "That's one thing to let your anger out... it's another to let it stick with you your whole life...!"

Both dragons continue to exchange blows and neither side is backing down. Their battle continuously shifts from long-ranged attacks to close-combat as if they already know how to counter each other.

Nero: "I must say. You're as skilled as my brother was, considering you're a different person in that body."

Arufaz: "I don't need your compliments... I just need to take you down..."

They both back away from each other.

Nero: "Haha! My thoughts exactly! Let's finish this once and for all!"

Nero's body begins to glow a blinding white so bright, many people below the earth may assume it's another star, or a giant asteroid. Despite the brightness, Arufaz doesn't look away. In fact, he remembered once before that it also didn't hurt his eyes when he looked at the sun some time ago.

Nero: "Genesis."

Arufaz: "...... Guess I should also put some more effort into this, too..."

Before Arufaz left the summit, Chryselda gave him visions of the previous End Dragon's powers. That was how he was able to gain knowledge and awareness of his powers and how he was able to fight against Nero so skillfully using those powers. Arufaz covers himself with an eerie aura of black, making his already black scales even darker.

Arufaz: "The End..."

The two dragons charge straight at each other. From afar, it may look like two blobs of black and white collided. But, the collision was devastating enough to create a massive explosion for the world to see.

Although, unlike a normal explosion of fire and smoke, it was a gigantic sphere where black and white seem to be at constant war on its surface. It continues to expand exponentially, and in less than a minute, it was already ten times larger than the moon! It swallowed up the earth along with everything else.